ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 449 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,873 Posts
If there is not a replacement/fixing of your hood and addition of a driver's side headlight cover, I will visit horrors upon your vehicle :lol:

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
This thread sucks. The lack of backstory ruined the entire thing.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there is not a replacement/fixing of your hood and addition of a driver's side headlight cover, I will visit horrors upon your vehicle :lol:
Please! No more horrors upon my vehicle! That's why he looks the way he does because of the past horrors. Healing takes time.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This thread sucks. The lack of backstory ruined the entire thing.
Patience young padawan, I have to track down all the old photos of this thing and get it all organized so it makes some bit of sense.;)

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

At long last this thread is finally beginning! This build thread unfortunately will be more of a chronicling of this car since I've already done just about everything to it I've wanted to... but there's always room for improvement so don't be disappointed yet! In the early years of ownership of my car the majority of the work put in wasn't captured in pictures unfortunately, mainly because I didn't own my own camera yet and the few pictures I did get were from wind-up Kodak disposable cameras. Also I was always doing the work by myself so my hands were usually dirty and busy getting **** done. So the early parts of this thread will be of the past up until the present which will then be of current work being done on the car as well as upcoming projects.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So with all things there is a beginning... unfortunately I don't have any pictures of what it looked like when it was first purchased. I can tell you how it looked, it was '91 Classic Red with the dreaded early model paint blight. Faded and oxidized was the paint and had even peeled off a bit on the front bumper exposing the bare plastic which had been exposed to the elements for some time as it was actually eroded away a bit. This is where it originally was aptly named Scarface having actual physical scarring on it's front bumper. (it's face) This was my first car and I absolutely loved it. The earliest pictures that I do have are from after I had done some minor work to it to improve it's appearance for cheap.

When improving the appearance of the front bumper with Bondo I thought I'd give at a unique look, as far as I knew, by filling in the body line and creating what I called the "aero bumper." I was such a silly kid.

FLAME SUIT ON

I knew very well at the time that the GT-R emblem was meant for Nissans and especially for the GT-R line but I really liked the way it looked and I figured the rednecks of the area wouldn't have any idea what it was from, so I rocked it.

My Motegi Trak Lite wheels! I absolutely love these wheels! Super light and strong as hell. They were some of the lightest wheels around when I purchased them weighing in at 4.5 kg each which is just under 10 lbs. (9.92 lbs)

My first performance upgrade if I remember correctly. Lowes special with a SS mesh cone filter which utilized the stock air box with the panel filter removed.

Actual black primer fading nicely along with the cloth seats fading as well.

I learned how to wax very well with this car in order to bring the chuddy paint back to life for a few weeks until the wax started to wear off when it would be waxed again.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Soon came performance...

R Package lip, SPAX RSX coil overs, Racing Beat high flow intake, Jackson Racing Performance header with JR high flow cat connected to a Borla dual tip sport cat-back exhaust. Also cross drilled and slotted discs all around.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything done to the car up to this point was during '03-'04. A whole lot during '04 because I had gotten a better paying job in June of that year and we were working a **** ton plus I was working 3rd for a few months and then transfered to 2nd so I was making shift premium along with the loads of OT. These last pics are in early '05 if I remember correctly, when things start to get classy.

1 - 20 of 449 Posts