ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should keep me busy until I find another Miata. One day I hope to equal the great Wilner-san and Phatty-san by having a complete R&S collection. I'm slowly getting there. Shipment should arrive from Nichido-san in a week or two.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Very nice!!! Are these shipped to you from japan? How much does the shipping run you? Books are so heavy!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to think how much it's going to cost. It'll probably be more than the cost of the magazines!

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Hmmm, not much in the way of Japanese, but I have a ton of "Blue Sky", the bizarrely named German MX5 Magazine. I don't even read German......

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of people would think I'm crazy for spending so much money on these magazines when all I can do is look at the pretty pictures because I can't read Japanese.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Kyle, just ship by SAL and it will be much cheaper, the only thing that sucks is the three month wait, but its also 3 times cheaper than EMS.

Let me know of any of those Option mags have good stuff on the Roadsters, i used to get those back in the day too, but ive had to cut back on the JDM book/mag collection as it just gets too expensive.

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I don't have the option to ship SAL with Nichido-san. It'll arrive via EMS and cost a bundle. Total cost to me should still be less than retail cost when new. Estimating using average retail prices:

14 Road&Ster x $34 ($25 + $9 s&h) / issue = $476
1 HyperRev x $45 ($35 + $10 s&h) / issue = $45
2 AiR x $34 / issue = $68
5 Option x $15 ($10 + $5 s&h) / issue = $75
6 misc. Roadster-related magazines x $15 ($10 + $5 s&h) / issue = $90

Total cost new > $750. So long as shipping doesn't cost me $700 I should still come out ahead. :)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Considering Rich got about 20 Road&Sters off of me for less than *half* that price... ouch.
I got them all for $60 + whatever shipping and handling costs. Worst case scenario I'm out the door for <$200 for everything you see. Jesse, you will get an Option magazine as the consolation prize for being the 1st right person to know but not answer the last JDM test quiz.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
$60?!?! Wow! You got a bargain!

You need to trash that Haynes Manual copy and get Rod's Enthusiast's manual instead! :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts