ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my name is Steve. I own your run of the mill, 1995 Red Miata. This isn't so much a story as its a "**** this car, what the **** broke now?" chronology of events. Enjoy.

Parts List

Performance / Bracing / Fluids
- Mishimoto Radiator
- Mishimoto Slim Fans
- 949racing Extended (Race) SS Clutch line
- NB K&N Intake
- Protege 1.8L VC - Bronze
- Hawk HPS brake pads (F/R)
- Technafit SS brake lines
- NAPA Rotors
- Flyin Miata Frame Rails
- Flyin Miata Butterfly Brace
- Autopower Street Roll bar
- Redline MT-90 (trans)
- Redline 75W90 (diff)

Interior
- !NJOY Car Life Visor blanking plates
- 330mm Nardi Classic Wood/Polished
- Garagestar 2.5" shifter extender
- Blox Neochrome shift knob
- RSpeed aluminum vent rings
- Project-G Shift Boot

Exterior
- GV Replica Front lip
- R-Package Rear lip
- Planet Miata Side skirts
- Blacked out turn signals, reflectors, and 3rd brake light
- Hella E-Code H4 headlights

Wheels/Tires
- Wheels: 15x8, +10F/+5R Compomotive ML1580s - Silver
- Tires: 195/50/15 Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Suspension
- Tein Flex (7k/6k) coilovers
- Flyin Miata FSB / No RSB
- Ebay (I think) Front strut bar

Boring Story

March 19, 2011:
Previous owner delivered her to my house, in exchange for a ride back to his place. Looking back on it, I wouldn't have felt comfortable making that hour ride considering the condition of the car, but hey, he made it.

Spent 8 hours the next day buffing:

May 5, 2011
Got a few things installed: Enkei 92s, Falken Azenis, Mishimoto Rad, Nardi Gara3; then went to this meet (full of assholes) at OCC:

May 21, 2011
Got out of my car and heard a high pitched whine. Popped the hood and coolant is leaking from the heater core hoses... then looked inside and I've got a puddle under my floor mat. ****. So I got to do this:

May 27, 2011
I decided to back into my own car (Mazda3) with my mom's car (CX-7) in my own driveway. So the Mazda3 had to go into the shop and the Miata was to be daily driven. Small problem: the Miata's back window was held together by duct tape, hopes, and dreams... and leaked like a mofo. Only logical conclusion: spend more money! Hardtop ensued...

July - September, 2011
The car mostly behaved, with the exception of it moving with the clutch completely depressed and damn near falling apart if not held together by rust. So, I replaced the clutch slave, brake lines (SS), pads (Hawk HPS), rotors (napa blanks), and calipers:

BFH + Beer = ^

And then I loved my car again, so I took some pictures:

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
November 2011
Cspence decides to part out his super awesome track car, so I gladly took his Koni yellow / Coilover sleeve setup. The car came with an old FM 2.5 setup, and the Illuminas were blown to hell.

Girlfriend freezing her ass off during the install...

and done.

December - March 1,2012
The Miater was put away for the winter. It did, however, get a new top installed, along with some Planet Miata side skirts.

March, 2012
I decided money didnt really mean anything and went on a shopping spree. Installed Mishimoto fans/shroud, PC'd valve cover, cleaned up the engine bay, bought Compomotive ML1580 (+10) with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s (Fifteen52 ftw), 330mm Nardi Classico Wood, Blox shift knob, an NB K&N Intake, GV Lip, and other **** I cant even remember...

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
April 21, 2012
I went back to OCC because one of those assholes owed me some money...

June 2, 2012
At some point between the above mentioned event and this date, I installed FM Frame rails and butterfly brace. Best mod yet, and worst thing on this planet to install. **** that sweet, sweet butterfly brace.

Then my front two Konis blew because I was riding on them too low and they were bottoming. Car felt like ass and squeaked even worse, so I bought some Tein Flex.

And two days later, my two cars were put on this contraption to be shipped across the country to Arizona!

Miata story to be continued, once I'm done with my move...

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do too, on occasion... then I look at those Compomotives and nothing else matters...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Clean car!

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm keeping the Compomotives, but I picked up some new hotness today...

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks dude. Phoenix is the land of the speedbump, I swear. I'd rather have the potholes, hah.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Car looks great, I see you ended up splurging on the wheels. Guess arm twisting was not needed.

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No way I could pass up a deal like that. I'm sure you'll see me around, or at the Pavs at some point. I'd love to meet the rest of the miata people around here...

·
Registered
688 Posts
As soon as I get the car tuned I'll make out to the pavs. Looking forward to seeing your car in person. It's a lot cleaner then mine thats for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Steve Looks Great, A couple of shots of the car in 2004-2005. I was the third owner you bought it from the fourth owner. Car was orginally purchased in New Jersey, went to Agawam, MA, East Longmeadow, MA, You in CT, and Now AZ. Car has done some traveling. Congrats on the move.

·
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hayashi specs: 14x6 +15, 14x6.5 +13... will require 4x100 to 4x114.3 adapters and will have some 185/60/14 Star specs on them at some point.

@Bill - its really cool to see the car back then. Looked great then as well! Hows your white miata progressing?

Your car is so clean. It has a style that anyone would like, classy!
Thanks buddy! Ironically, I thought the exact same thing when I saw your thread about the cobolt exhaust. Figures you're from CT and I just moved from there a couple weeks ago...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts