ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you go about feeding the stuff? Any IRTBers done this? When I pulled my plugs I notcied lotsa nasty carbon on my pistons :\

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
advance auto parts, napa, really just about any auto parts store
I heard you can't get Seafoam anymore in California cause it has the potential to create so much smoke, not sure if that's true or not.

When I ran a whole can of the stuff in my tank and a 1/3 of a can in the oil of my Frankenmiata didn't smoke at all. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. #-o

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get it in CA.

Also, I've thought about spraying it into each TB, as well as using the red nylon tubing to feed it, and also the vacuum lines that go into each port. Any thoughts on pros and cons on each of these methods?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I seafoamed my old 280zx not too long ago, so yes, it is still available in California. It does make a lot of smoke, though. I made a mistake by not pouring it fast enough down the brakebooster line. :\

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd use the 4 hard lines. That way you can give each cylinder an equal amount. Just split the 1/3 bottle into 4 smaller portions and have at it. Slow and steady, though, too much at once and you'll bog the engine.
What do you mean "you'd use the 4 hard lines"?
Which 4 hard lines are you referring to?
My car has 103k miles and I started to hear the ticking noise when it's cold...get ready for a oil change and think it's worth a try to give sea foam a shot..

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd use the 4 hard lines. That way you can give each cylinder an equal amount. Just split the 1/3 bottle into 4 smaller portions and have at it. Slow and steady, though, too much at once and you'll bog the engine.
My car has 103k miles and I started to hear the ticking noise when it's cold...get ready for a oil change and think it's worth a try to give sea foam a shot..

Thanks.
I think he's talking about IRTBs.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

Thanks.
This is the Individual Throttle Body section

1 - 17 of 17 Posts