ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the seatbelt on my 93 eunos keeps locking up and holding me in the seat.
if im at a crossroads and want to look to see if theres cars coming i cant lean out of the seat.
it is the most annoying thing ive ever come across while driving!.
i can hear a relay or a switch clicking when it does it but ive no idea whats wrong.
sometimes the seatbelt will slacken off me aswell and then when i turn off the ignition it winds back in.
any ideas?
cheers

·
Registered
945 Posts
I didn't think this was an electrical mechanism. Im pretty sure it's just a locking cam, or "gear" that grips the belt when you move it too fast. It's possible the winder is jammed up or broken... Usually a cheap part

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think theres something electric involved ... i hear the clicking and the dash light goes on and off with the clicks.
il take it all apart in the morning and see. il get a price for 1 too i suppose

·
Registered
716 Posts
The dash light is simply part of a circuit. Belt goes into the reciever, circuit completed, light goes out. It is a mechanical mechanism. I would guess yours is binding up.

·
Registered
945 Posts
i think theres something electric involved ... i hear the clicking and the dash light goes on and off with the clicks.
il take it all apart in the morning and see. il get a price for 1 too i suppose
I recall a couple member selling their seat belt assemblies recently. A black pair and red LE pair. Check the FS section. GL and keep us updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts