ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an odd question but I am just hoping I am being dense here... does anyone know if there is any way to take the driver's side seatbelt reel out without removing an installed Hard Dog Sport M2 rollbar? I want to put an airbag-less steering wheel in my '04 but I cannot see an easy way to swap out the seatbelt reel for an NA reel. Checked on M.net also but the sole response I got was one sort of confirming it. Looking at the reel itself it seems it is wedged in behind the bar but I cannot tell if there is room to maneuver it inwards and then out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Confused - you are trying to install an NA reel? My NA (1995) comes with airbags and so the belt reels have the breakaway stitching at the base. I've been told if you remove the airbag, you should remove the breakaway stitching as well - they are made to work as a system.

I also have a roll bar installed and no, I can't take the reels out of my NA without first removing the roll bar.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Confused - you are trying to install an NA reel? My NA (1995) comes with airbags and so the belt reels have the breakaway stitching at the base. I've been told if you remove the airbag, you should remove the breakaway stitching as well - they are made to work as a system.

I also have a roll bar installed and no, I can't take the reels out of my NA without first removing the roll bar.
The reason for the NA reel is tha the NB does not have the breakaway stitching; it instead has a pretensioner inside, from what I understand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts