ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on good seats for daily driving. Something that holds better than the stockers, but something I won't have to climb out of. Oh, and nothing crazy like nakamae.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
For cost effectiveness, foam removal's the best one. If you're driving an NA, the main cushion from the seatback is removable. This makes the bolsters a little more usable.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I need to find a good seat for daily driving too. The seat in my '99 sucks (seems way less comfortable than the NA seat, dunno why. And the later NB seats are comfy too. but this, just not good for me). The only one that seems to be good is that really rare JDM recaro . The Sparco Roadster looks like it would be decent for a daily driver, but the mods that need to be done to the seat to make it fit keep me from that.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i would do that, but i'm replacing my seats because a stupid animal snuck in my car and peed on them and now the seats stink.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
For cost effectiveness, foam removal's the best one. If you're driving an NA, the main cushion from the seatback is removable. This makes the bolsters a little more usable.
maybe Im just a dummy, but how do remove them? You dont have to take the seat covers off do you? Ill take another look at them today.

EDIT: sorry im a tard, I was searching in the NA section on ^.net every time I wanted to find info on it :!: found lots of info in the interiors section.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you guys think about the corbeau classic? Looks like the nakamae without the hurtage to the wallet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
probably not the suggestion you are looking for but i am 100% satisfied with my sparco speed bucket for daily driving/racing/touring.

picked it up on craigslist for $200, used twice in an m3 at the track.

installed using the maita rails and two steel bars/grade8 hardware from home depot.

i've done numerous 300+ mile days in that seat and felt great every time.

it does involve a bit of "climbing" strategy to get in and out of the car, but i think its no big deal.

i find that a reclinable seat doesnt serve much purpose in this car, and the seating position is perfect as is and assures that i will keep good posture at time where i often would have moved/reclined the seat in some weird concoction...

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
I have some sparco's in my NB.

They are a tight fit but im small so it doesnt bother me all that much

It looks like you have your seatbelts setup the right way. Did you run the lap belt going to the outside through the lap belt hole before you bolted it in? I've tried going over the seat on mine (before I just gave up on trying to use the stock belt and the harnesses at the same time), and I just felt totally unprotected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been running Sparco Torinos for about 3 years now. You lose a little leg room as the side bolster rubs if you try to push the seats all the way back.

They are very comfortable for the street and provide terrific support on the track.

They do sun fade rapidly. Sparco replaced my first set after less than one season of Canadian top down driving. They refused to swap me another new set when these ones faded too.

Still, I'm very happy with the fit/comfort/support/looks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts