ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few years of being out of it, watching all my friends get into the Miata scene, and feeling left out, I decided it was time to get back in the game, and as it turns out I think that was a good decision!!

Picked up a 47k mile 99 that's supposedly a SEMA car (though I'm hoping someone can help me shed light on this). The story goes that it began life as a Jackson Racing built SEMA entry, which makes sense given the mods. I'd like to see if there's anyone else out there who remembers or knows the car, and maybe exactly what's done to it. The previous owner loved the car and took care of it, but he wasn't really sure of any specs on it beyond the obvious. Some of it I put together when I saw it in person...half the mods weren't even listed in the ad.

The plot thickened yesterday, when I found a pic of THE car on DG Motorsports' website advertising their fenders.
Click the small pic at bottom left. That's my car!

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/product...tID=50-63-1135

Mods are as follows...car's green with carbon fiber flames
-Jackson Racing supercharger
-JR water to air intercooler
-6sp swap
-JR cat-back
-high flow catted mid pipe (unsure of brand)
-Mazdaspeed adjustable coilovers
-upgraded sway bars/links/bushings (appear to be gold or dark yellow, unsure of brand)
-JR wires
-JR shift knob and e-brake handle
-Baer big front brake kit w/drilled/slotted rotors
-drilled/slotted rear rotors
-DG Motorsports carbon fiber hood & fenders, painted to look like it has carbon fiber flames
-Enkei NT03-M wheels 16"
-Katskin leather seats black w/grey inserts
-Rockford Fosgate cd player
-chrome gauge trim rings/hvac trim
-dual gauge pod with Cobalt boost & AF gauge
-various other trim and accessory mods

So does anyone out there remember the car at all?? I'd appreciate anything that anyone may be able to tell me beyond what I know already!

Here's my page for more pics, maybe it'll help jog someone's memory...

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Mazda/...X5/1999/46622/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts