ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are you?

And would you be interested in meets separate from m.net?

I propose 3 rules for meets

1. Your car must have at least one aftermarket performance part or bring food/hot chicks. <good idea munit33
2. You must have the mental age of 20 (IE. Under 20 you need to be more mature, over 20 you need to be less mature.)
3. You may not do anything with your car to attract police attention.

Anybody interested?

·
Registered
720 Posts
cuz id want more ppl to show

and what if you have that rule and someone shows up with a stock miata
are we gonna kick em out?

·
Registered
600 Posts
#3 is gonna be tough to do. ill try though. im game for meets. how about having a meet at in&out in antioch/pittsburg wherever it is.

·
Registered
600 Posts
1. Your car must have at least one aftermarket performance part or bring food/hot chicks. <<<<there its fixed
2. You must have the mental age of 20 (IE. Under 20 you need to be more mature, over 20 you need to be less mature.)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Your car must have at least one aftermarket performance part or bring food/hot chicks. <<<<there its fixed
^That will work. :D

The spirt of my rules was to let mid-life crisis types with style bars and chrome trim know they are unwelcome.

Personally I want to meet with people that drive on the track, people that drift, people that care about driving. The sort of people that rip out the wind blocker because its extra weight.

As far as meets, well I don't really have a plan... All I know is that I want to have car meets, not get togethers or dinners. Everybody shows up, pops their hood, then you walk around and see how people like their performance parts. And hey if you make some friends maybe you organize group drives, track meets or whatever from there.

Location wise I would like to see things in the east bay, maybe treasure island. Maybe Marin if there are some nice spots out there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
east bay sounds good to me. i hear theres a nice car museum in danville, and marin/ treasure island sounds good. i would love to have a drive to point bonita though... http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3827 . we could meet up at the marin headlands and have maybe a group drive to point bonita and then we all pop the hoods over there? i can BBQ.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
east bay sounds good to me. i hear theres a nice car museum in danville, and marin/ treasure island sounds good. i would love to have a drive to point bonita though... http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3827 . we could meet up at the marin headlands and have maybe a group drive to point bonita and then we all pop the hoods over there? i can BBQ.
I went out to the lighthouse 6-7 years ago. It was a bit windy but also a lot of fun. There is also a historic Nike missile station nearby that is open regularly (third Sunday every month sort of arrangement).

Up north a bit is also a really kick ass road. Ive only been to it once. The first part is like an east bay back road. Then it goes over a dam (which was full of pissed off looking cyclists) and it transforms into a tight and twisty hill climb. I went out a couple days after a rain storm and the 2nd section was still quite wet and slippery. Its a bit bumpy too, I hit a good undulation at the top of 2nd and was in the air long enough to hear the car bounce off the rev-limiter. Nothing broken and I didn't scrape when I landed so its all fun. This road really made me feel like I was on a special stage.

... and 50 into left 2 tightens slippy maybe... 8)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I went out to the lighthouse 6-7 years ago. It was a bit windy but also a lot of fun. There is also a historic Nike missile station nearby that is open regularly (third Sunday every month sort of arrangement).

Up north a bit is also a really kick ass road. Ive only been to it once. The first part is like an east bay back road. Then it goes over a dam (which was full of pissed off looking cyclists) and it transforms into a tight and twisty hill climb. I went out a couple days after a rain storm and the 2nd section was still quite wet and slippery. Its a bit bumpy too, I hit a good undulation at the top of 2nd and was in the air long enough to hear the car bounce off the rev-limiter. Nothing broken and I didn't scrape when I landed so its all fun. This road really made me feel like I was on a special stage.

which road up north? sounds like a good drive to me. nice story about the jump haha sounds like hella fun. just a question- when u went up 6-7 years ago it was for a class field trip wasnt it? lol. it was for me when i went.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The name of the road I describe above is Bolinas.rd. The north end is 18 miles from Pt. Bonita, the south end is 24.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/EndlessCorners/road.jpg <- Google earth screen cap of the road.

The road up Mt. Tam is also great, if you go left before heading up to the summit there is an amazing road. Its pretty straight with out too many surprises. When I drove on it, it was nearly empty. The experience was mind blowing, almost as good as skyline.blvd on the peninsula. It also leads into my above mentioned equally amazing road.

·
Registered
97 Posts
! i'm down just say when, and hopefully i'll remember

anyone going to PR's tech talk? keith tanner from FM is going to be there, i wanna see his itb 7

damn that road looks good

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

which road up north? sounds like a good drive to me. nice story about the jump haha sounds like hella fun. just a question- when u went up 6-7 years ago it was for a class field trip wasnt it? lol. it was for me when i went.
First I went up there and camped at battery Alexander 8 years ago (feels like it was so much closer then that) with a summer camp. Then I went up there a couple more times on weekends and finally made it out to the lighthouse. I don't remember too much about the lighthouse except for that suspension bridge. You really feel exposed on it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
id say not this upcoming weekend but the weekend after, preferably sunday for me. but whatever works best to get as many people as we can

1 - 20 of 83 Posts