ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ts gettingreally annoying. i still have the stock rubber hangers. will the poly ones help? or do i have to tie it down? what did you guys do? i'm sure you guys had the same problem after installing an aftermarket exhaust. pls. help...thanx!

·
Registered
593 Posts
WHAT UP!

I was being sarcastic haha. Hmm, but you could probably do it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh man! =D> i thought thats what you did :oops: lol
but i'll try it anyways with steel zip ties.

·
3,542 Posts
I used Nismo hangers to reduce the movement. Solid rubber with just the 2 holes.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I'll have to look more into this. How much for that nismo hanger? I hate how mine hits everytime i make left turn or hit a bump

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
who sells these nismo hangers? and nismo exhaust hangers for what car? thanks for helpin out :D

do you notice any increase of vibrations on the car?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
pretty much any NISMO distributing Nissan dealer has, or can get them....

I plan on using acouple to raise my exhasut up, thanks for the idea Greg G!

Look online, lots of stores sell them.

*shameless plug*

www.frsport.com most likely has them in stock.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Rereading this...go back to the first reply. Zip-ties do work. Albeit heavy duty ones. They're strong enough to squeeze up stretched hangers, but retain a certain amount of elasticity that they don't creak like steel bandng might do. They've served me well since 1997 on Roadsters. Key one to address is the one nearest the right side rear wheel, but it depends on the design of your exhaust.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rereading this...go back to the first reply. Zip-ties do work. Albeit heavy duty ones. They're strong enough to squeeze up stretched hangers, but retain a certain amount of elasticity that they don't creak like steel bandng might do. They've served me well since 1997 on Roadsters. Key one to address is the one nearest the right side rear wheel, but it depends on the design of your exhaust.
yeah, i saw this idea from some JDM tuner shop. i think its a good idea. it kinda lowers the exhaust tip too. but i'm worried that my rubber hangers will tear since their 12 years old. i think its really the time to change them anyways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts