ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the car in Nov of 2010 with 58,XXX miles on it. So far I haven't done a whole lot in the way of mods but I definitely have ideas floating around.

Exterior:
OEM hardtop painted charcoal
Hella fogs (forgot the exact ones)
Clear smoked front turn signals
Enkei RS5's
Blacked out reflectors
Sweet drift stitched front bumper
Front tow plate license plate holder
Hella E-Code headlights

Interior:
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794
Custom built rollbar with door bars
TWM Type-R Shift knob in gunmetal
First gen RX7 steering wheel

Engine/Suspension/Performance:
Magnecor 10mm Spark plug wires
Hawk HPS brake pads
Drop in K&N filter
Flyin Miata Vmaxx coils
FM sways
Racing beat endlinks

Here are a few pics from when I first got the car:

And a cell phone pic after I got the hardtop.

New pic from the drive up to Rochester tonight.

Rollbar build and hardtop painting pics!

The start.

Some test fitting.

All tacked up, almost.

A little fancy corner bracket action.

Rollbar all painted!

Hardtop ready for paint!

Mmm Charcoal.

and the finished product.

Heres a pic from one of our local meets, myself (on the left) my friends CooperS and on the right is RedCat45s car.

Feb 2012:
Got some new parts! Mostly maintenance but some upgrades as well.

March 2012:
Painted my valve cover.

Then I got new wheels and tires.

After this weekend the plan is to have the timing done as well as the new rad in and the freshly painted vc on. I have poly diff bushings that will be going in and the car will be getting aligned.
Soon I want to get the Mitsu vents that I got finally modded and put in. I will likely be taking off the fender stripes as well.

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
How close does that VHT Engine orange paint match the cap? Is it very glossy or does it spray on rough? I am looking for an orange to paint my wheels and that one is tempting.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These pictures arent mine but they will give you a better idea of the depth of the paint. Depending on lighting it can be very dark. I also sprayed on a bit of a cold day which is not ideal so it came out a bit rougher than I would have liked but I don't mind it. I think if you were to use it on your wheel on a good warm day it will come out much smoother.

Looks great here.

Not so good here but that could be due to the camera. My vc never looks that pale.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Car looks good, but I am not so sure about that roll bar. I think the main hoop needs to be one solid bar, yours is like 4. The mounting points seem weak too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bar is solid and the walls are super thick. It mounts on the same spot most other bars mount, where the rear stabilizer bar is and then down on the seatbelt bolt. I probably will want a different bar one day but I have no fear of it not doing its job if it ever had to.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, if that happens then you can all say I told you so. I know the welds are all solid and the rollbar walls are thick enough to handle an impact. I appreciate where you are coming from and like I said I will change it out for a more traditional bar one day (the doorbars kinda annoy me).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Awesome build, thanks for sharing.

Kinda makes me wish I'd documented all the work that went into Robin, my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.