ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Go for it. The other extenders go down to the shift boot to cover up thr shaft.

Looks shorter then all the other ones, personally I love the Garagr Star 2.75 in one.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Why wouldn't you buy an actual short shifter kit with an extended arm? I like to feel like I'm drive a sports car, not a truck

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Last time I asked, Rspeed was actually sold out of those. I had one, lost it and wanted to get another one. No luck though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just picked up an aluminum one on eBay for around $5. It works fine, is made in USA, and looks cool in brushed aluminum. I purchased the 2" one but the 3" is the same price. Search eBay for "miata shift extender".
-Jason
sweet for the price of 8 jr. bacon cheese burgers I will certainly purchase this.

Why wouldn't you buy an actual short shifter kit with an extended arm? I like to feel like I'm drive a sports car, not a truck
Right? and while were at it why didn't we all just purchase fast cars instead of a 90 hp miata? :| different folks different strokes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i got the 2 inch extender and i like it. But its a little taller then I wanted... anyone know of any 1" extenders?

·
Registered
140 Posts

In my situation I'm shifting a Borg-Warner T-5, not a Miata trans. While not bad, the T-5 is not as nice to shift as a Miata trans and requires a bit more leverage. The extra 2" gives me that. As an added bonus, the shifter is now much closer to the steering wheel which means less time involved to move your hand from the wheel to the shifter on the track. The shifters on most race cars, if they are not paddles, are actually pretty long for the same reason.

-Jason

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got a basic 5 in exender for 15 bucks on ebay. Screw it on with a dab of loctite and install shifter. I love the feeling of the higher shift knob. No reaching for the shifter..it's right there when you need it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Because those bitches are like $220. These are the price of 8 jr bacon cheeseburgers.

I got a basic 5 in exender for 15 bucks on ebay. Screw it on with a dab of loctite and install shifter. I love the feeling of the higher shift knob. No reaching for the shifter..it's right there when you need it.

I want to bang your center console. That looks sick.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 46 Posts