ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so its getting cold outside, my metal shift knob is freezing cold!!!

I can't stand it anymore so I tried finding a solution.. I've come across a few plastic knobs but they weren't weighted...

Stumbled on a half aluminum, half Derlin shift knob that is actually weighted and looks pretty sweet!

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/hybrid-phantom.html

My lucky day that they are actually hosting a group buy on some other forums with this shift knob.

Email them for some more info and how to participate!

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
teehee knob sock :woolery:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i use an old ipod nano sock cover that they used to make and i keep it on my shift knob 80% of the time.. no cold or hot whatsoever

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I grow a pair and use it anyway....

Seriously though... you could alway buy stylish delrin knob or use a stock one in winter months. That hybrid knob looks interesting though.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
$160 for a shift knob because your hand is cold? You guys are ridiculous. I have the Voodoo aluminum knob and even when it's below freezing, I just get in and go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have one of the TWM hybrid knobs in my NA. I'd previously tried another delrin knob which I liked based on the texture, but it was lighter than stock and really not doing it for me. The TWM knob is just about the perfect weight, somewhere just shy of double stock I think. Heat and cold are no problem, and once you get the height adjusted where you want it it's perfect. Expensive as hell though, so it ought to be. Their threaded insert system is great, though, and I can see moving this knob from car to car indefinitely. Make sure you check TWM's facebook page for discount codes, they always have a discount going on but they tend to offer a higher one near holidays.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Joyfast and gloves

·
Banned
607 Posts
$154 on a shift knob because you got sissy hands? wow grow a pair and just deal with it.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
plasti-dip that bitch, then peel it, if you don't like it.

I can-dipped mine about 6-8 times, to add some thickness and weight. I do not intend to peel mine though, as it is gross and purple.

·
DopePhresh™
1,104 Posts
you guys are nerds. i burn my hand in the summer and freeze my hand in the cold on my voodoo.

today it is 40 degrees out and i have my hard top off.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i want the towellee

·
Registered
147 Posts
Time to invent the heated shift knob for the winter and a air-cooled knob for the summer. I'll be makin millions.:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts