·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Nardi personal leather....

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
I used to use Junior's stock Nardi (M-Edition) shiftknob, but now rely on a plain black Voodoo I got for $25. It really is as good as they say :D

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
RS-Factory Stage "Jimmy" weighted shifter, e-brake, and thumb button

It a very close reproduction of the M2-1001 Cafe Roadster equipment. The Shift Knob is weighted real nice and makes the shift with the SSK much smoother.

PhatMiata-san (^_^)

·
Registered
170 Posts
RX-8 Mazdaspeed shifter. I'm actually thinking about making my own in the machine shop (interning in an engineering lab).

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
I'm using the NB factory Nardi wood knob in my 94 miata. It is weighted better than the earlier nardi wood knobs for the miata, and looks great, IMO.

Just a Side -

I was looking thru a Hyper Rev and came across the JDM Pivot knob on the LEFT in the attached. I remember my father telling me about "suicide knobs" for the steering wheel (for faster steering), but I think the Pivot knob is just a bit too mechanically retarded...

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm using the NB factory Nardi wood knob in my 94 miata. It is weighted better than the earlier nardi wood knobs for the miata, and looks great, IMO.

Just a Side -

I was looking thru a Hyper Rev and came across the JDM Pivot knob on the LEFT in the attached. I remember my father telling me about "suicide knobs" for the steering wheel (for faster steering), but I think the Pivot knob is just a bit too mechanically retarded...
re: the pivot knob. i think the mom on "little people- big world" has a similar setup on the shift knob as well as the pedals to allow her to reach them.

·
3,542 Posts
Zoom Adelaide short type, in silver aluminum.

But for track use, Voodoo all the way :mrgreen:

Heeeyyy Zoom has a new shift knob with a switch :twisted:

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
1. Had the Greddy shiftknob- nicely weighted, but a little too angular and not particularly comfortable. And too chromy for me.

2.Mazdaspeed carbon fiber shiftknob currently- nice shape and feel, but too light. There's hardly any weight there.

3. Mazdaspeed leather "dimples" shiftknob (on order)- nicely weighted and comfortable! I have an extra one that I scored earlier- but it has a odd looking base- I think it was meant for the Protege which needs a lip to retain the shift boot.

1 - 20 of 2180 Posts