ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other 2003 US Shinsen Version Miata MX-5s here? or 2003 Canadian Special Editions?

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
my girlfriend has an '03 shinsen. here's some pics when she first bought it:

thinking of putting gunmetal sportmax 002's on s-techs by christmas.... i hope i can afford it lol. it would be my first real christmas present to her in our 7 year relationship :shock:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Her Shinsen is exactly like mine (same appearance package). She should join up over on the yahoo groups site for Shinsen owners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Shinsen has a limited slip rear end; otherwise everything is cosmetic (blue top, blue seats, etc.).

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I think it means "new fresh" or something like that. Fresh Version basically.

I've loved the Shinsen since it came out. In my mind, it's up there with the 93LE. Just so beautiful... *sniff*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shinsen means new and fresh in Japanese. Run a search on it and you come up with mostly sushi bars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thought I should bring this thread back. I just bought the last Shinsen built in 2002. Built 12/27/2002. #1219.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,441 Posts
For some reason, there were two for sale that i found on Autotrader within a day's trip when i was shopping two weeks ago.

Neat cars, but i'm not sold on the color combo.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like the shinesen/ sans tupperware. Second NB I drove was a shinny. But it wasn't worth what they were asking.

·
Registered
445 Posts
4yr bump!

In March of 2014, I was the proud owner of #762. In December f 2014, a tractor trailer whom was jealous of the Shinsen style took her off the road for good. ? Why, oh why, couldnt he keep his front fender off of her?

I too like the look sans TW but I found and bought Lexi with the small TW package. A little easier to digest than the large TW package....IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found a couple of different Shinsens when I was looking for an NB. One of them was on craiglist, good price, good condition, low miles. The only method of contact was e-mail and apparently they didn't check it. I think I e-mailed 3 times, never got a response. The other one was at a dealer really close to me. It was beat though, wasn't what I was looking for. I like the color combo, not sure how easy it is to get a new top for one though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts