ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a lot to say, but I have had a lot to do within the past couple of weeks lately. It's interesting to say the least though. I've had to move out of the house I was renting with a buddy of mine since he up and decided to join the military, had to move all of my stuff back to my parents house who were more than happy to have me back (insert lame jokes here now :roll: ) and through all of the sorting I've found many pros to what the past 2 weeks have brought me. I have more stuff for my car than I thought I did :shock: I happened to pick up a small local shop sponsor for my car's turbo project. a friend of mine who was wanting to do a turbo'd Miata :mrgreen: and My dad and I had more leverage to start our own business together since our boss became a complete d!ck and gave us a mandatory week off since he believes we're not picking up slack for the rest of the business and can do it himself (sales and service) :evil: (wish me luck on this one guys!) Figured I'd just rant and see how everyone else is doing out there in ClubRoadster land :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
moving sucks man. I moved out of an apartment because my friend* turned out to be a complete asshole to live within January. If I may rant with you, my college requires you to do a "senior project" which basically means a 30-50 page dissertation on something involving your major (in my case literature). Living on my own (and having a GF) means I had to work almost full-time this semester and go to school full time. The project is due in about two weeks and I've written about 8 pages due to no time and the free time I have being used partially to veg out and not go crazy. I just want the madness to end. It's worse being a super senior too. But in May when it's over I get lots of time to work on the car, so I'm looking forward to that (coilovers, sways). Next ranter can step up now.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vent on brother :mrgreen: I know what you mean about free time or what little of it there is, especially w/ a significant other who you want to spend as much time with, all while trying to get priorities done with. It makes a man almost crazy :twisted:

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
being self employed is the best. i'm sure you'll have success.
also good job on the shop sponsor!

i've been doing alright. just working and paying taxes and ****. trying to find better venues for the drift events me and my friends host. bc doesnt love motorsports so its difficult for us.
things should be looking up soon once i'm back on my feet financially, so i can modify my car more.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Im in exam period, which sucks. I have one tonight at 7 and 2 more tomorrow.

I cannot get into the classes I need for intersession, so I have to take summer session. My g.f is moving away for like 4 months which is kinda a concern, but its not that far away, like 2 hours.

It will not warm up, it just keeps on staying cold as hell !

There rant over

·
Registered
64 Posts
It will not warm up, it just keeps on staying cold as hell !
The weather SUCKS. Every time we get a glimpse into some moderately acceptable weather, we get BITCH SLAPPED back to freezing temperatures. I've had it. I took the miata out of storage in late March....BLAH.

Only good news is that the turbo is IN. Just gotta get the gauges, powercard and bipes hooked up. Add some heat wrap. Get some new autox tires......good to go.

Come On SUN.......

<rant off>

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm just glad it's been cold enough down here so that my car didn't overheat on the way to the shop.

motherfucking radiator decided to divorce itself from itself and take a coolant-**** all over my engine/intake tube/garage floor. funny thing is, it already had a small crack on the top tank, but it decided to rip itself open on the opposite side of the crack. whatever, new **** on the way. almost bummed it didn't just go pop so I'd have a legit excuse to swap in a 1.8.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[epic said:
@ Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 pm]I'm just glad it's been cold enough down here so that my car didn't overheat on the way to the shop.

motherfucking radiator decided to divorce itself from itself and take a coolant-**** all over my engine/intake tube/garage floor. funny thing is, it already had a small crack on the top tank, but it decided to rip itself open on the opposite side of the crack. whatever, new **** on the way. almost bummed it didn't just go pop so I'd have a legit excuse to swap in a 1.8.
I had that happen to my Eclipse, top part of the rad seperated from the rest as I was driving home one day :shock: It was pretty funny driving and all of a sudden the hood jumped up a bit and there was the boom from the pressure that built up. There was a clog due to it sitting before I took posession of it (I have a habit of finding cars like this)
Weird weather today, cold for sunny FL when yesterday it was steaming hot. At least I got my tow hooks painted and mounted.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
well lets see, huge paper due next week, two weeks till Im outta school till fall, need to get public passenger lisence this week, need to finish steering wheel, seat, and top install on my car... and Im moving out as soon as I can find time

·
Registered
212 Posts
i love living at home. i usually have 2 cars (just sold one yesterday, waiting to get another) and i have a brand new gsxr. i dont plan on leaving anytime soon, free rent FTW!!!!!

·
2,708 Posts
No shame with living at home. Remember that in most cultures, its rather customary for the son to live at home with his parents. That way, when you get married and have kids, there will always be a baby-sitter and as your folks get older, you can take care for them.

I found it mildly amusing growing up and seeing some my friends get hurriedly kicked out the house at 18.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts