ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
What town are you from? When I get to the shop Monday I'll call some people.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the Amherst area, Sunderland to be exact. Willing to drive a reasonable distance. I plan on supercharging my car this summer so getting a low mileage used engine or having mine rebuilt is priority for me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Unless your engine is really bad don't do anything to it until next fall. Just enjoy driving it on beautiful days like today, save up some money and look around for good deals on parts. Trust me every nice day that passes I get more annoyed my car doesn't run!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless your engine is really bad don't do anything to it until next fall. Just enjoy driving it on beautiful days like today, save up some money and look around for good deals on parts. Trust me every nice day that passes I get more annoyed my car doesn't run!

I know I know. The fact that she burns so much oil drives me nuts though. If I have the engine replaced it'll be done by a shop so it can get taken care of quickly. I'll have them do a belt service at the same time and throw in a koyo rad while they have it all out. I spoke with Planet-miata and they quoted me ~8hrs which isn't too bad all things considered. They aren't too far from Scranton, PA where I used to live so I might take the drive out there with my girlfriend and spend the weekend with her over there while they take care of my car.

I'd love to find a local shop that knows Miata's that can do it for me though.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dent Sport Garage too, but it won't be cheap. It will be top notch though. They are in Norwood, MA.

I'd do it for you too, but I'm moving to NH so I doubt you want to go that far...haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dent Sport Garage too, but it won't be cheap. It will be top notch though. They are in Norwood, MA.

I'd do it for you too, but I'm moving to NH so I doubt you want to go that far...haha
I'll check Em out. I'm willing to pay to have it done right by people who know the car.

Where in NH? I'm willing to drive as far as needed. Wouldn't mind seeing your car in person. One hell of a build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts