ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm from NYC, and just coming coming down to atl for a few days for business trip. Is there anything to do there?
Any places to eat that stand out?
How do I get around? I believe I'll be staying at College Park.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
That's pretty close to me actually. But as far as ATL goes, Flip Burger downtown is a good place to eat lunch. Front page news in Little Five Points is amazing. Got some good Picasso paintings at the High Museum. Don't bother talking to girls downtown unless you got money. That's all they care about lol

·
99 old busted HOTTNESS
813 Posts
College park is ghetto as ****! I say go to Buckhead or Alpharetta. Atlnb I saw where you live and thats nothing like the College park I have seen...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol wow nice quick responses!
I have no idea what's what there, just going on business trip and just thinking about staying a few extra days to explore and have fun. Yea I'm not baller, so I guess no girls for me :(

How ghetto are we talking about??? I'm from NYC, so there's a huge range of ghetto lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Little five points is one of my favorite areas in the Atlanta area. It's a small as ruin of downtown with good restaurants and bars and some cool places to go shopping

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would I get around town? I did a little reading and it seems renting a car seems to be the best bet

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
There are some bars/clubs in Eat Atlanta that are pretty good, The Graveyard being one. Up in Buckhead you have Moodogs and Hole In The Wall and the East Andrews bar area. Avoid Opera in mid-town. Don't eat The Varsity...unless you want a anal cleaning..that **** is Drain-O for humans. Check out any Taco Mac of you're a beer drinker (seriously). If you like pizza, swing by Felini's...dirt cheap and good. The Georgia Aquarium is an awesome place, not cheap but friggin HUGE. Skip Underground Atlanta (hopefully no one has suggested this to you). If you like sushi, RU-SAN'S might be your place. If you're looking for a burger, I highly recommend Farm Burger in Buckhead. Otherwise you can cruise up and down Peachtree from Buckhead to Mid-Town looking for stuff to do and see some nice cars. Maybe you're in mood for some fancy coffe/hot drinks and some chocolate...try Café Intermezzo. Oh and if you like, you can take a tour of CNN downtown.

The rental car lot at the airport is huge...or you can get a Zip-Car if you don't need a car the whole time. This is not a pedestrian friendly city and most things are spread out. MARTA is a joke.

Do you have specific dates set yet?

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
You mist like sitting on the shitter for 30 minutes too....
I mean, if you eat nothing but greasy fast food all the time, The Varsity might not bother you so much. If you are half consious about your food intake, The V will win every time.

R*Speed is about 20 min north of the city (on a good day).

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
As for "how ghetto are we talking"..... extremely. Parts of Atlanta are very bad. Parts are also very good. But if you're ever in Atlanta and someone says "oh don't go to that place" or "don't walk there alone" they mean it, so listen to them.

There is a decent amount of stuff here, it is a big city, but yeah.. you want to rent a car. MARTA exists but it's very limited.

Some good suggestions so far. Are you looking for certain types of restaurants? Like BBQ or southern food? Shopping? Bars?

And I agree on Varsity. I think it's disgusting. We have so many awesome burger places in Atlanta. Varsity is a novelty because it's a huge drive in restaurant but the food is terrible, IMO.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Cafe Intermezzo is a good recommendation. I haven't been to Farm Burger, I might have to check that out

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to be there for only 27th to 29th because I have to rush back to the office to get other things done, but I'll try my best to make it out to at least one of the places you guys mentioned.

I'd love to have an authentic taste of Southern food though.

I don't even know where I'm staying yet.... I hope it's not this danger zone you guys speak of.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bleh so I decided to just go for business trip and not stay for any extra days. More bad news, I'm working AND staying in College Park, so I'm not even going to be near downtown ATL :(
Everyone's making it sound so bad to step outside, so I might have to just order room service haha

I looked up the estimated taxi fare from hotel to Mary Mac's, and it's $36 one way! There's really nothing fun (and safe) in college park???

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, I realized I'm near Forest Park, staying at the Comfort Suites. It sounds like a whore house... :(

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I looked up the estimated taxi fare from hotel to Mary Mac's, and it's $36 one way! There's really nothing fun (and safe) in college park???
I don't know, I never go there :lol:

Does your hotel have an airport shuttle? If so, you can take the shuttle, go to the airport, jump on MARTA and go to a ton of places. MARTA doesn't go everywhere, but it can definitely get you out for a meal and some sights.

Edit... oops... you may have already left ATL. Sorry about that, I was in LA for the weekend and didn't check the boards. Crap, I could have given you a bunch of places to go within walking distance of a train station.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol it's ok. I still had a great time. I went to the original Chick-Fil-A, and I REALLY like it! The food's not really oily, and it's real chicken :D I had some food from the farmer's market also which tasted pretty good.

Next time, I'll probably rent a car so I can explore more. There's not much to do in College Park from what I can see, and from what everyone says, I just stayed in the hotel lol

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well, just post up next time you're here and we'll try to help out again. If you can at least take a shuttle to the airport and hop on the train from there, you'll have a TON of options.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
15 minutes. But it depends on where you want to go. Some of the stops right in the center of downtown have a lot of stuff near them... restaurants, museums, etc. About 20 more minutes and you'll be in Buckhead for a lot of restaurants and shopping. Another option is to change trains and head for Decatur which has a nice town square and some great places to get a meal and a good drink.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts