ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get a new smaller diam wheel for the miata.

But I want a wheel with some dish to it, but don't want it to stick out much farther than stock.
What would be the shortest Hub and QR combo that has no play? Low price is a plus.

I want the QR for the added safety ( who steals a car with no wheel )
And in case I get a kirkey like I have in my 240. ( It's nice for everything but getting in and out. )

If I can't find a short combo I will probably just go without the QR and buy another grant setup.

Pic of my 240 setup.
Cheap grant wheel and grant short hub ( no QR ) $64 shipped total, but rock solid.
And Kirkey intermediate oval.

·
Banned
179 Posts
NRG Short hub + Slim QR?
Those two are incompatible. You would have to go with a standard QR if you use the short hub. The slim QR won't fit over the spline and the nut on the steering column. I have a 300mm Momo wheel with the short hub, and 2.0 QR and it sits at stock pretty much. I love that setup

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Works Bell also offers the "Short Boss for Rapfix" and "Rapfix QRS"

Not sure about thickness or compatibility tho

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I have the Rapfix QRS. I is indeed small, like 25mm. (That's just under an inch for you Imperial folks.) It works fine with my very-not-slim Daikei hub.

I used to run a 10mm spacer with my hub to get the wheel close enough to me. My Lotus seat makes me sit farther back. The 25mm thickness of the QRS is perfect for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am using this on my miata I don't know who makes it. It came with the car when I bought it but it's pretty slim and it's a release.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the look of the works bell the best.

Might see what length the normal works bell QR + a slim hub would be, think it might work out just right once I get a seat mounted.

Thanks for the opinions.

·
Bleeding Red....& Gold
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't ever touch that, i got one from that brand. Broke and i got my steering unattached from hub in a tight curve. Trust the good and proven products like Sparco, WorkBell and NRG...

·
Bleeding Red....& Gold
1,641 Posts
Don't ever touch that, i got one from that brand. Broke and i got my steering unattached from hub in a tight curve. Trust the good and proven products like Sparco, WorkBell and NRG...
Thanks Tony.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
My Mooneyes wheel bolts directly to the steering column. Can't get shorter than that.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
clutch_dust, would you mind telling use which wheel that is and if you had to buy an adapter or anything else to make it fit?

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
clutch_dust, would you mind telling use which wheel that is and if you had to buy an adapter or anything else to make it fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Style-Custom-White-Slotted-MoonEyes-Steering-Wheel-Lowrider-/250957116082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e35b2b2

Bolts straight on, no special adapters required!

This is the only other white 13" I've ever found for sale. They're usually a lot cheaper, but they're impossible to find in the white/slotted configuration anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts