ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Your avatar really makes your car look like a Viper, and no unless you're temporarily trying to diag your coolant system or hot-lapping your car everywhere.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Your car will stay in open loop for quite a bit longer while warming it up, which will diarrhea all over your mileage, if you care.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Plus your heat will suck in the winter. Just google answers it and you'll see why people do and why they don't. The stat is there for a reason.

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just a thought guys want my car to run abit cooler. im poor now since i'm building my other 2 cars.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
+1 on the viper vote

and ...to add to the comments above:
keep your thermostat, faster you get you engine up to temp, the better.
Also, cold oil is at a lower viscosity like 5 in the 5w-30.

It will be trying to heat up all the coolant not just the partial amount inside the engine and heater core.
Normal op. Temp is around 12'o clock, mine runs at 1230 (east bay gets similar temps to your place ;-)

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silvermazda ! we should meet up oneday oil change on me at the shop later J. sorry you wont be able to see my rx-7 nor my 10th ae on the picture. rx-7=ls7 10th AE fully built N/A 9K! you will see my new ride also a 1999 ae ITS A BEATER ,but im working on it still waiting for my setup from 949racing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts