ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been throwing around the idea of painting my windshield header black. I'm not sure I can get myself to do it since the paint is all still original.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
If you do it, to do it properly, you really need to take the windshield out, with all the complications that might happen. I had mine done, on my old red car, with the glass left in. I was forever touching up red paint spots that appear at the seal join. As for which paint, recommend satin black; harder wearing than matt paint, but not too gloosy like regular paint.

Mazda's J-Limied II:

A Roadster I spotted at an import yard; looks like a black painted surround, but in actual fact, the previous owner in Japan had meticulously cut what looked like black electrical insulation tape to fit. It looked betterthan what it sounds. You could get some vinyl cut to fit.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
I've been throwing around the idea of painting my windshield header black. I'm not sure I can get myself to do it since the paint is all still original.
If it's an original Sunburst Yellow, you'd be lowering your resale value by changing the OEM paint.

If you do go ahead and do it, I'd remove the rubber glass molding as roadsternut suggested, but paint it to match the black vertical piece between the wing window and window glass.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'd do it in vinyl first, then if you don't like it down the road from now, just peel it back off

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I wouldn't do it to a yellow car, especially if it has or if you ever plan to get a hardtop for it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
+1 for black vinyl, that's how Honda does it...

...and strangely, I'm having exactly the INVERSE dilemma on the S2k, It's Spa Yellow, and I'm trying to decide if i want to remove the vinyl. : )

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Mazda put vinal over the door pillars on the Mazdaspeed Protege. To take off or not to take off... Always a hard question.

·
Registered
339 Posts
+1 for black vinyl, that's how Honda does it...

...and strangely, I'm having exactly the INVERSE dilemma on the S2k, It's Spa Yellow, and I'm trying to decide if i want to remove the vinyl. : )
mmm spa yellow, my fav S2k color... take off the vinyl, more yellow never hurts 8)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts