ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panasport told me that my new barrel will take about 2month to get here :shock:
so.. I thought about getting some 15in rims and ditch the polish look and powder coat them in them dark bronze... what do you think?

P.S. thanks for letting me use the pics Andrew!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Keep the Panasports as such a 3 piece wheel is worth keeping and fixing up. In the meantime I suggest you roll on some RS Watanabe Type Rs. Although, come to think of it, those might take just as long to get here as your new barrels. Have you tried contacting Kodiak, CCW, Keizer, or similar manufacturer of 3-piece racing wheels to see if they'd make you a barrel? All the VW guys who restore BBS RS wheels use Kodiak.

·
Registered
255 Posts
yes, I had been eyeing those wheel for the logest time without the intention of ever getting them, and they would look perfect on your car. I say get away from the sportmax (look) crowd...5 months after you get them , maybe they will start selling watanabe knock offs. muwhuahwhuhwa!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Chris-

get the 15s. Your Panasports look great, but they are heavy as snot. And the tires have an overall diameter that is not ideal of your car. Pimp the Panasports around town and in the parkinglot. Get a reasonably light set of 15s with 225 45 or 50s and your car will be a different beast.

Matt

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:35 am]Chris-

get the 15s. Your Panasports look great, but they are heavy as snot. And the tires have an overall diameter that is not ideal of your car. Pimp the Panasports around town and in the parkinglot. Get a reasonably light set of 15s with 225 45 or 50s and your car will be a different beast.

Matt
That was my idea... I'm still keeping the panasport ,but now I have excuse to buy set of 15in :wink:

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts