ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Supporting Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what people have done for aftermarket gauges such as: oil pressure, temp, boost, etc.

I would like to see more console mounted than pillar mounted. Just trying to get ideas of setups and available gauge manufacturers.

thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went with Maddad gauges. I haven't installed them on my Miata yet but I have a boost gauge from Maddad in my WRX and it works flawlessly. It has some of the features of the Defis (can set peak values, warning light and buzzer, playback) without requiring a controller.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It works well in the car, but it is made for a motorcycle. It picks up the law at a good distance, but my car is a ticket magnet and I usually dont speed.

I bought it because I hate something stuck to the windsheild and cords everywhere, the fact that it will fit into my gauge pod was the big seller.

It took a little modification to make it work/fit, but overall I am pleased with the result. The radar works well, its not a valentine, but it gives me a heads up on the highway.

Remember its for a motorcycle, so get the optional speaker ;)

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
what kind of modification did i take to make work? im looking at this one and the whistler radar detector fuzion its the tunner model. but i can find a diffrence in them? besides the name, look and price lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its made for a motorcycle so the wiring is much shorter. Had to cut and extend the wiring to the front and rear bumber and mount the speaker under the steering column.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
that dose not sound to bad what gauge wire did you end up using? i may go with it as the fuzion cost about 100 more and is on back order

·
Registered
350 Posts
Reverse Glow Gauges ($30 on eBay)

Please forgive my cloud plastic! Im currently looking for a new one.
I'm glad you posted this! I've been looking at these but wondering how they fit and everything. They look good! XD Did you have to change the bulbs or anything? Or do they light up blue like that with no modification?

1 - 20 of 197 Posts