1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, is anyone here R/C Drifting?
Would be fun to see your cars!

I'll start it off:

This was a standard Tamiya TT-01E with a speedpassion 10.5 brushless engine and Speedpassion ESC.
Locked both front and rear diffs and added a few Hop-Ups.
Im useing a Spektrum DX3C Controller.

After a while the 350z nismo body retired, and in came some new wheels and a Toyota Carina Turbo body.

After a Matsuri like session at a local track this is what it looks like now:

On my trip to Japan a couple of weeks ago i came over a HPI sprint 2 drift chassis for really cheap, so i had to buy it...

And also i had Ordered a 3racing Sakura S Zero Chassis, witch is not assembled yet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I dicked around with RC drifting for a while some time ago. After I broke a CVD on the car (again) I just hung it up and moved on. Still have the car though.

It's an old RS4 Racer 2 kit. I built this before the days of 2.4, hence the antenna. Also, before lipos and brushless, thus the nitro power. The car has obviously seen better days.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Excuse me fellas but a bit of an off topic Q here, my son (9yrs old) wants a gas powered RC car and has been bugging me for months now. My question is, what would be a good starter (gas powered) for me to consider purchasing for him? Also, what sort of prices should I be expecting for such a starter kit? Were fairly new stateside (just moved back about 8months ago from Canada) and would love to get into this with my boy. Thanks a lot in advance for the advice!

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
I was drifting my friends rc cars few days ago at his dealership in the back room and it was so much fun. I considered picking one up but I am getting into another hobby aswell and it was one or the other so I decided to go with the other. I was into rc's long time ago though had a rc18t brushless and stuff but it just wasnt as much fun as drift cars:p

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
Excuse me fellas but a bit of an off topic Q here, my son (9yrs old) wants a gas powered RC car and has been bugging me for months now. My question is, what would be a good starter (gas powered) for me to consider purchasing for him? Also, what sort of prices should I be expecting for such a starter kit? Were fairly new stateside (just moved back about 8months ago from Canada) and would love to get into this with my boy. Thanks a lot in advance for the advice!

---
If its your first I wouldn't go with a nitro car. Depending on the engine they can be difficult to hold a tune so you'd be spending more time tuning then you would bashing it.

If its his first a traxxas slash/stampede/rustler would be good. Very simple to fix, cheap and decently quick for a beginner car. I think the new ones are waterproof too.

As for a drift car it's been forever since I was in the hobby but if I remember HPI makes a good RTR (ready to run) kit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If its your first I wouldn't go with a nitro car. Depending on the engine they can be difficult to hold a tune so you'd be spending more time tuning then you would bashing it.

If its his first a traxxas slash/stampede/rustler would be good. Very simple to fix, cheap and decently quick for a beginner car. I think the new ones are waterproof too.

As for a drift car it's been forever since I was in the hobby but if I remember HPI makes a good RTR (ready to run) kit.
Wow! Thanks for the info. Well my boy is now set on getting an RC drift car. I think Santa might get him one since he just made the honor roll for three consecutive times! Thanks for all your inputs guys!

---

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
'Dual purpose'.

Drifting looks boring unless you're behind the wheel.

1/18 trophy truck, we ended up sticking a Subaru body on it. It's around here somewhere

1 - 20 of 48 Posts