ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Mirrors are a great way to jazz up your Miata, my 1st set was BOMEX, sold these to my buddy Mike Fernandez (my JDM Corruptor) :shock:

Then i had these sexy Carbon Fiber CRAFT SQUARE TCFs when i was in my lightweight racing stage. Got these from MetroMotorsports

Now im into my retro phase, guess im getting older, cause i like cruising more than racing now, hehehhe Here are my newer RUNABOUTS i got them from RS-Factory Stage. You can get them in the USA from Metromotorsports. Sorry no pics on the car yet, unless......... Tim has the honeys from yesterday?

PhatMiata 8)

·
Registered
592 Posts
My favorite mirrors of all

On the car when I bought it (Mirrors now for sale)

Also had the Runabouts on my 99-they looked too small for an NB.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I used to run these adapted motorcycle mirrors:

The stalks were too long though- just awkward looking. Anyways I got tired of that "race-look". I graduated to these M2-1028 mirrors:

I'm happy now. Just desperately need to paint these puppies!!!!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
joeyb said:
Just got these a few days ago.

Vitaloni Californian
Joey: why did you mount these so far forward? Was the side-tilt adjustability so limited that you need to move them so forawrd? BTW I used to have a pair too- but I got them all painted.. but never mounted them though:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Phatmiata said:
Here are my newer RUNABOUTS i got them from RS-Factory Stage. You can get them in the USA from Metromotorsports.

I just got some Runabouts too.. they are way classic. Very nice look w/ the Watanabes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jesseclee,

The mounting is that far forward because if I mounted them on the stock location, I'd have to turn my head just to check the mirrors. If I mounted them just a bit forward, same thing, I also needed to turn my head and at the same time the post for the quarter window got in the way of the view. Mounting them that far forward greatly reduced the head turning to check out the mirrors to almost like a glance or an eye movement. At this position they're far more comfortable to use. Now I feel that the original mounting position for MX-5 mirrors is awkward, and I'm wondering why Mazda chose such a position. When I look at other cars, the mirrors are almost always mounted very far forward at the corner of the window.

The Californian's adjustability is relatively limited but enough to get a decent and effective view rearward to what you need to see. I really like the appearance of these mirrors and hence I'll tolerate the limited range of adjustability and the diminished rearward view from the stock mirrors' wide range and large rearward view for the added style they give the car.

Those new 1028 mirrors that you've got, they look real good, they're made by Vitaloni as well right? What's the model name for those? I see them advertised by some vendors in Road&Ster, are they available from a vendor in the US?

Thanks!
Joey

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Joeyb, there are a couple tuners in japan that still sell the Vitaloni with 1028 base to mount the mirrors, but still very expensive $185-$225 (EACH) USD i think. And if yall look really close at the base of Jesse's mirrors you can see they are stamped M2-Incorporated, so those are the Authentic M2 version. :twisted: Very sweet bro, you got me jealous on those suckers. Other than that hard to tell if its a reproduction, both versions look great though.

PhatMiata

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting piece of information there Phat. Thanks!

The level of devotion that some of you have to M2 authenticity is astounding! :shock:

It's specifically this kind and this degree of enthusiasm and devotion that gives this association and our cars its rising recognition.

I'm not worthy ... :oops:

:)
Joey

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Phatmiata said:
Joeyb, there are a couple tuners in japan that still sell the Vitaloni with 1028 base to mount the mirrors, but still very expensive $175-$225 USD i think. And if yall look really close at the base of Jesse's mirrors you can see they are stamped M2-Incorporated, so those are the Authentic version. :twisted: Very sweet bro, you got me jealous on those suckers.

PhatMiata
Phat: actually I don't think anybody sells the repros anymore. For a long time Garage 101 was reproducing them and supplying them to others. But G101 dried up. And noone else seems to have them anymore. Murakami makes the cf top shell for it, but you have to scrounge up the base.

Daytona used to make some that look similar (but somewhat more 'rotund').. but of course Daytona/DCuatro got out of the Miata boutique market a whiles ago :cry:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Who are those fine chics? It looks like the picture was taken at a dealer.
Those are two of the Tampa Bay Storm (Arena Football League) Dancers.

They were present at a grand opening of one of the first "Retail Revolution" Mazda Dealerships and the first one in Florida. It's Mazda's new concept on the car buying experience. There was a band, free food, and an open bar. Our local club was invited and we met with the parts manager who is going to hook us up with some killer discounts.

That's Phatmiata's car in the pic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.