ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my NB, it is slammed on Tein coilover. Need your help. Sick of my 15X7 205/50/15 te 37 volks. Also sick of oem 17X7 racing harts.

pics of car here:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/gallery/RYAN

Want to go low offset, deep dish. I know I can't put 19X11 like my SC300, but want some lip on the rims.

So what are my options/what are your thoughts? Newbie to miata low offset rims. Located in Southern California.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
check out the thread for used rims. there are a lot of shops in the LA area.

The easy cheap way would be to rock sportmaxes
The easy expensive way is to rock Old school Works

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbored-where is that thread you are talking about? $ isn't an issue

as far as equips go, do I have to order them and wait 6 months like I did with the volks, or can you buy them over the counter?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Ah, it appears you've already got great taste. It's hard to move "up" from TE-37s. First thing I'd do is decide what you want the wheels for. Street cruising? Track day/ auto-x? How do you plan to prioritize weight, looks, and price? Looks are very subjective. What are your influences? What aesthetic direction do you want to move in with your car? Do you want smaller wheels like your Volks or larger wheels like oem Racing Harts? Or even bigger?

I haven't seen too many NBs rolling on BBS LMs or CHs but I rarely see them with a low offset. Check out the wheels section on Carlife to see what people in Japan are putting on their cars. Perhaps this will give you some inspiration.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No BBS LM, have them on my Cooper S. I am not selling the racing harts or volks, so if I want to track it (don't ahve time), I can swap out the wheels.

Primary street, need looks, need deep dish lips :mrgreen: Size doesn't matter. 15/16 preferred.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
turbored-where is that thread you are talking about? $ isn't an issue
It's a sticky in this section of the forum
http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=307

as far as equips go, do I have to order them and wait 6 months like I did with the volks, or can you buy them over the counter?
You might be able to find a new set in the size you want. Not too long ago someone was selling some real nice Work wheels on here that were in new condition. If you must order then yes it will take some time to arrive from Japan unless you pay big $$ for air shipping.

More inspiration for you:
(NB) Roadsters, show us your aftermarket wheels!!! \(^_^)/

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might be able to find a new set in the size you want. Not too long ago someone was selling some real nice Work wheels on here that were in new condition. If you must order then yes it will take some time to arrive from Japan unless you pay big $$ for air shipping.

More inspiration for you:
(NB) Roadsters, show us your aftermarket wheels!!! \(^_^)/
That thread has no real cool NBs except for the white NB with red sportmax. I am not worried about paying $ for air shipping, but who do I buy them from?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im sure you can sell those volks to the honda heads in a heart beat!
I already started getting PMs here asking about the volks :roll:

THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE. I have 4-5 sets of rims per car. I don't need to sell the volks. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
718 Posts
so you have an atom, too. :evil:

you and Mr. Woolery are now objects of my furious envy. :twisted:

if I had the coin, I'd be goin with SSR reverse meshes in a super low offset. in gold. and polish the lip a crap ton. then avoid curbs like the plague.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts