ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just got these side markers today from Sickspeed they were about 70$ for the front and rears.

Right out of the box these things look great.
They have a carbon fiber wrap finish but if not desired it can be peeled off to be painted.

These things are thick!

The wires seem overall good quality as well with the leds. So far everything is looking well made and put together. now onto installing these side markers.

wiring them together was pretty straight forward connect the 3 white wires together, the same goes for the black. Once that is done i wrapped them in electrical tape you could use shrink wrap but i had none so tape works fine. Since leds have polarity you need to connect the black wires to the red and black striped wire from the existing side marker and the white wires connect to the black wire. after that i soldered them together along with wrapping them in electrical tape.

First problem so far when trying to fit the side markers into place two of the leds hit the back of the plastic inside the bumper. I ended up trimming the plastic enough to allow the led to clear. I used tin snips or you could use scissors if there small enough to fit inside.

Once you have the plastic trimmed away they will fit and you can screw them into place.

Same problem with the rears just trim them to fit.

These things are looking really good they fit nicely inside the bumper with no gaps. compared to stock the sink inside more witch to me gives them a sharp look now some may not like this but its all personal preference.

Now turn on your lights and be blinded by these leds even in the day they are supper bright every one should have no problem being able to see you at night.

Here is shot of the back the rear markers are red and they are just as bright.

Overall i really like Sickspeeds side markers they are very bright and look amazing with the carbon fiber wrap. at night they light up the ground and are very visible from far away i totally recommended these to anyone looking to freshen up the look of there car. I will do an update in a few weeks to show how they hold up.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I really like leds and saw these on another members not long ago....i like them but not crazy about the cf overlay, just my opinion. Thanks for sharing the information because I was curious who made them! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When posting this write up I was aware that some people would not like these just because of the carbon fiber overlay. I really wasn't in it for the looks, mostly for safety. who can complain about that. It's a shame to see more and more people like you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
When posting this write up I was aware that some people would not like these just because of the carbon fiber overlay. I really wasn't in it for the looks, mostly for safety. who can complain about that. It's a shame to see more and more people like you.
Explain to me how your car being more visible prior to being t-boned is going to make you safer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Explain to me how your car being more visible prior to being t-boned is going to make you safer?
Lets see i don't know maybe because if you can see the fucking car they might not pull out in front of you. Anyways I get it they look so awful and that's why I decided to put them on my car after all it is my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts