ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know wheather to post this here or the turbo section....

I just read on the Squire Turbo Systems web page that the Turbo acts as a Muffler and quiets the exhaust. Their Camaro, Vette, mustang, and truck sound clips do give their statements some credit; but how does the Miata sound with a straight pipe/muffler and a turbo???
Im not interested in their "Remote Turbo" just curious how loud the turbo Miata is at 55 with side a side pipe and no muffler or maby this Moroso Spiral Flow.

Went to the track this weekend and a Civic was running this type of exhaust with a turbo, it did [email protected] 98 MPH in the 8th. Wasn't a trailer queen either, he drove it to the track. Never heard a Turbo Miata but the Civc was pretty quiet even with 15 PSI, at each shift a small flame would shoot out.

Now when I say quiet Im comparing it to the other cars at the track ie., the thundering V-8s whose idling could be felt in the chest and thru the ground at 10 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
i agree i love that white miata's exhaust, but i am not to sure about that muffler design, or lack of a muffler, my suggestion would be to at least use a small straight through resonator(one without the louvers inside), ie:thrush

id love to know how he got that exhaust to cross under the car... and how he keeps it from scraping..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts