ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Has your door been replaced or repainted?
Actually, I bought it that way. It appears to be repainted in the front fender and rear bumper and quarter panel. Nothing was removed to paint, thus factory seam sealer is still there.
There's little bondo on there and cheap paint that's fading/falling off. :fp: Never buy a car once the sun is gone, even if there's still light.

But the door has some odd bumps in it, and a keying, but that could be road debris. I got a rock chipping problem with the hood. Within 600miles I have gotten 20 little pebbles flung to the front of the hood and it has chipped.

Sorry, back to the door, when I installed speakers, the tar/plastic sheet was still intact. So its was no major accident. From underneath its 100% well (on a car lift).

I would say the damage is 1/8 of an inch shopping cart damage (or in that league).
I was thinking of respraying it eventually. Man this car is such a love/hate relationship. Tips?

Pros: Dealer babied car. 107K engine, still strong. Clean engine bay. Came with summer tires:mrgreen:. Leather seats/Nardi. Also a torsen, I believe. Original AGM battery.

Cons: precat code, sketchy paint, bad slave cyl. torn shifter boots (still on my list to fix), needs replacement shocks, non-blisten suspension

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Change that slave cylinder before you loose a clutch in traffic. lol It fucking sucks, Also, go ahead and buy a Stainless Steel Clutch line while you're at it.

Car is coming along. I love how the VC came out.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Change that slave cylinder before you loose a clutch in traffic. lol It fucking sucks, Also, go ahead and buy a Stainless Steel Clutch line while you're at it.
Whoa, never thought about it that way...eeeeek:eek: Thanks, now it has moved to top priority.
Why the stainless? REVlimiter had his go out.

I just read laguna96's engine build. Whoa! that dude works fast. It'll still be 2 yrs before I finish school and go back to my on the side automotive course. Auto class is so much fun.:cry2::cry2:

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Actually, I bought it that way. It appears to be repainted in the front fender and rear bumper and quarter panel. Nothing was removed to paint, thus factory seam sealer is still there.
After taking a second look at the picture, it looks like the skirt matches the door and windshield frame. So I think you're right about the fender and QP being repainted.

But yeah, I'd definitely take care of the slave and shift boot ASAP. I had my slave cylinder go bad on the highway... not a fun experience.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
But yeah, I'd definitely take care of the slave and shift boot ASAP. I had my slave cylinder go bad on the highway... not a fun experience.
You see, I dont drive much. And its mostly in town. if it goes, i'll just pull over. I believe it leaks 1/2 a reservoir every 8months, but yes. I've been looking for a while and I know which one I want. Actually I'll start a thread on it.

Update:Slave replaced 5/14! What an improvement!:D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Why did you remove both o2 sensors? I ditched the rear along with my cat. but I still have the front.

I tried unplugging the o2 to test for benefits, but if anything it seemed slower.

Just curious =)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Okay, I have been not updating this thread, but SOON!
I finally adjusted my handbrake right, braking is much better, but still have to adjust it a touch.
I have stoptech pads waiting in a box. Rotors needed resurfacing, but fronts do look better.
Shift boot replaced with plastic foil. Works for now.

Oh! I took pics of the radiator/hoses replacement. It was challeging. Small hoses that is.
Welp, I'm off to desktop land to edit those pics. See ya soon.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
May 2012
-shock replacement from a 55K 2002 base model (ride much improved)
August 2012

-removed PS pump and bypassed it
-New radiator, hoses, heater hoses, small hoses
-Parking brake adjust, brakes work much better
-battery terminal cleaning (prep for motorcycle batt.)

AC box, gutted. Got more air flow for the non-AC ppl

Fuel filter replacement

Stoptech para-aramid pads

Spliter project, not complete yet, cut only one of those pieces of plastic to this date.

01 header, re-tightened bolts to spec. during cooling system overhaul

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well it was emmision time, so got the 2nd O2 taken care of. New koyo radiator 100ish bucks. I was about to try radiator seal but it didnt seem like a good idea. I'm not sure about a coolant re-route (100bucks plus hoses).

The stoptech brake pads are getting better. I guess they are broken in after 1000 miles. surprise surprise. I dont drive my car enough. oh and for those that are keeping up My car is about 95% good paint now. It got hit behind the drivers door. dent pulled and painted driver's side. I am happy's. Got more stone chips on the hood/front bumper, but that's just a reality living in getto capital USA.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You make a great case for using a shallow DOF to show what you're talking about, love it! Hows the manual steering feel by comparison?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What? I havent even taken more pics or uploaded them? lolz

Oh and getting my MS3x back from Brainiac.
Well, hear progress lol. That's what's up though man. And I am FOR SURE seeing this car this weekend. It's been too long. I'm trying to set plans and get this little thing we call a meet back lol. You have my number, so lets kick it some time this weekend.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Then the above goes with this (its actually the intake cam, didnt take pic of exhaust cam)

This is why you change your radiator

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm not happy about this. Ended up with 15psi on one side and 35 on the other. I was worried about my torsen. One diff fluid change later. Turned out the fluid was clean. I've heard of a place that does 10$ tire patches, but maybe I'll put those $$ towards sticky tires. HM....decisions...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Can you say Vrooom Vrooom?
7lb ~150CCA motorcycle battery ~30buckaroos
Works better than the 13yr old battery. I am currently nursing it back to health at home:smile:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts