ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ACCESSORIES DISCONTINUED

We are discontinuing making accessories at this time. They have proven to be too labor intensive and take us away from building the cars we've designed. We will still offer our hard top and hard tonneau to customers buying our cars as part of their options package. Our sincere thanks to those who have purchased our accessories over the years.

We still have a few items remaining on the shelf so if there is something you just can't live without, let me know. Only too happy to help.

Thanks, -Jim

http://www.simpsondesign.net/more_news.html

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh. Never occurred to me that some might think I'm somehow associated with Simpson; which I'm not. I just happened to see the news blog and thought I'd pass the intel along.

And for the record, they are still making kits for the Miata. The only thing they stopped offering are their accessories i.e. shorty bumper, tail lamps, et al.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Apparently their hideous body conversions are doing pretty well...
I like some of them. It's just the other accessories, like wheels and interior, where the car owners don't quite match the styling or quality of the kit itself. This being a perfect example. You spend how much on a kit, and slap XXR's on the car? :dunno: Some actual retro wheels would really set it off.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I just can't get over the proportions that are way out of whack, no wheels are goint to fix that :p.
The nose is pretty nice, but it just doesn't go with the miata mid sections cylindrical shape.
To me it looks like the front and rear of a different car bolted to a beerkeg on its side.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The Miata roofline doesn't work with an italia sort of conversion. Now if you chopped the window and did a speedster thing in addition to some of that bodywork on an NA instead of NB, and put some proper wheels on it, AND lowered it a little so it wasn't all jacked up, it could look really good.

Not a fan of that one lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ive seen the Italia in person, one of my club members has one and I think it looks great.
I think Jim does a great job with the flat bumpers and think his hoods are some of the best looking on the market.

Talk about poor designs who the devil at mazda came up with the butt ugly front end with the evil smile thats on mazdas today? Or the fender flares that look like some kind of after thought. Simpson is a small shop and most of his stuff looks great. I think the guy has talent.

Mazda is a huge company and they come up with something that looks like it was designed by and anime cartoonist.

Thanks Jim for all your hard work.
Barrym

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the privilege of purchasing the last pop-up vintage oil cap that he had produced. IIRC, the production run was for 50 oil caps, and it certainly took a him more than a few years to sell them all. While it's sad to see yet another specialty component maker withdraw from the market place, at least Jim is still building bodies.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tough conclusion. It looks very well and the engine is very clean and powerful. That is gain access the world's largest collection of Simpsons memorabilia.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
^ don't you mean the guys room? :woolery:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts