ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,612 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for it, but my more realistic side reminds me that there is likely no way in $!#@! I'll ever have the money for it.

·
1,213 Posts
I read a kit car magazine a few months back with the guy here in the UK saying how proud he was having developed this kit !!!?

what is the deal with JS does he still sell the kit in the USA ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
441 Posts
http://www.retroforza.com/

this is the website of the guy in uk that fits/builds/sells the retro bodykit, not so sure about the full ferrari look but the silver one at the top of this post with the wantanabes looks sweet.

Dude

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Thought Id clarify the situation for you all.
Jim has allowed me the rights to manufacture the Italia in the UK. We discussed various options relating to Importing kits versus Manufacture and agreed that Importing the kits wasnt practical. Jim sent over a kit and Ive had molds taken from it.
Happy to help guys.
Andy
Ps At no point have I claimed to have developed the kit, either in print nor verbally.
Might want to read that Kit Car article again. :)

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
As I posted in another thread about the Italia, the one modification that would do wonders for the Italia's proportions would be to slightly increase the size of the rear wheelwells & fill them with bigger wheels/tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
i've always liked the italia, but if i were to do one for myself i would heavily modify the kit.

first off, like mr. woolery says, i would open up the wheel openning some. that is one part of the kit that really makes the car look dinky. i would probably also slightly flare out the back. just slightly where you notice it, but nothing really wide. that little width adjustment would make a world of difference.

second, i would modify the headlight package. i would keep the shape of everything and keep the lexan covers, but i would change the actual lighting units and do something like the way the ferrari F360 and f430 have with smaller light units in custom molded buckets. this mod would bring the kit a little more up to date in style. the lights would be a little expensive, but they would be legal lights as you could use something from the hella lineup. i mean if you really wanted to spend the money you could get the hella 90mm bi-xenon headlamp units and just do some custom molding and add in small marker lights within the bucket as well. the hella bi-xenon units are like $550 each, and they are hid and include just about everything.

Lastly i would probably modify the taillight section as well. for me i would probably upgrade to a completely different light unit, again probably something from the Hella lineup as their products are excellent. i would flush mount the lights in the rear panel. i would also change the backup light to something a little nicer. maybe instead of the single light in the middle of the bumper, you could probably get a smaller round backup light, use two, and mount them just to the inside of the taillights, again flush mounted, or possibly slightly recessed.

as for the rest of the body, i would probably find a way to lower the side sills some. maybe use a side skirt package thats simple for whatever car and modify it to fit. the side of the car just looks unfinished to me. i would also do something similar to the front of the car as well as i don't think the front is low enough and the grill opening shape just doesn't go with the flow of the car. i would heavily modify the front to be a bit more agressive. with these two mods, the rear would need some kind of skirt package as well, but that could be kep to something minimal.

it probably sounds like i want to make a complete new kit and leave the italia behind, but thats just the way i would build an italia for myself. i know its alot of crazy modifications, but thats just the way i am.

alex

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
sorry for another post. maybe someone on here with some photoshop skills could do something like what i said in photoshop with an italia pic. the front bumper section would look nice with a ferrari f355 inspired bumper. it wouldn't be hard to do either since erebuni sells a f355 kit for the mr2, you would just have the get their front bumper and modify it to suit.

well, thats just my style
alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts