ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
784 Posts
Hi,

These are both good options. A lot of people have started using Imgur. The most future proof method is to upload the files directly. Let us know if you have any questions

Fergus

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha, I did't see the manage attachments option before. That does look like the best option. Thanks

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I switched to imgur. Only weird thing is receiving comments (or in a few cases private messages). Had a guy tell me my gf was beautiful on the same day a different guy messaged saying my girl was lucky. Heh

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use on Linux forums postimage.org and it’s really neat, no spam, no ads, just as it should be.

Sorry can’t hyperlink it:
To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater. You currently have 3 posts.
Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.
:)

·
Administrator
784 Posts
As other hosting sites could go the same route that PB took, we suggest using the attachment manager to directly upload images to your postings so that what you post here, stays here.

- JB

·
Registered
5 Posts
As other hosting sites could go the same route that PB took, we suggest using the attachment manager to directly upload images to your postings so that what you post here, stays here.

- JB
Hi JB,

Does this inhibit people who are not registered on the website from seeing the pictures we post?
I honestly dislike that, I am subscribed to a gazillion of forums because with my work I have sometimes to see what something looks like, google refers me to a forum, and dang! "you are not a member, you can’t see this image". Please register.

Also, a quick story. Years ago I had a Renault Megane Coupé. I was subscribed to club-coupe.co.uk, and posted there (on their site) all the pictures and the write up of a mega long road trip we took with that car.
Then, they merged the website with some other website, and everything on the old forum got lost.
This to say that nothing is safe on the internet. Sites come and go.

·
Super Moderator
2,528 Posts
I switched to imgur. Only weird thing is receiving comments (or in a few cases private messages). Had a guy tell me my gf was beautiful on the same day a different guy messaged saying my girl was lucky. Heh
Come on, dude! I assumed you knew my private messages should stay PRIVATE!

·
Administrator
784 Posts
you can try to find them on here: https://archive.org/web/

it's what I usually use to help recover lost items.

as for merging forum, i'm pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon.
we have the site on two databases if you're worried about anything being lost and have the ability to time travel to the past to recover lost items...
you're free to use what you feel comfortable with but we also can't guarantee what's going to happen on there.

I usually have a tumblr account I upload images to, its faster and free sharing.

Lee

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts