ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring Break allowed me to come home and spend some quality time to post a fast run on my most familiar road going nearly full-out. This is rare view angle of my car because there is only a handful who are capable of keeping up to film me in chase view (many thanks to a good friend and veteran driver in the M3 for filming). I can finally see how my line really looks like, lol. Pretty decent and I'm very happy to get these runs on tape. Also, I'm sure there are places I can cut the lines cleaner and closer and drive a bit quicker, but I am three months rusty. :) So please, enjoy!

Downhill Run

Uphill Run

Notes: A friend I brought down from NorCal was in the passenger seat, so I know I can go quicker (not to mention he had a blast that night). And I also have a first-person view of this run, which I will send the raw footage to my M3 friend to edit and render a split-screen version of the run. However, immediately after the run, my camcorder shorted-out from me touching the camcorder after building up static electricity while sitting in my car. So the tape's stuck and now I need to repair the camcorder to get it to power up and working and to eject the tape. That footage will be available ASAP after the repairs are done.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very nice video

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Since There's No Track Events Back Home...

I'd call that F&F action...

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double lanning the entire length of the road isn't cool, nice videos though
I agree completely, though these two videos show otherwise. This road is special (very remote and virtually no traffic) and is one where I can do this. Plus, I'm a track-junky, so I very much taking this stuff to the track. It's just unfortunate that there isn't any during my vacation.

Keep it single-lane and/or on the track.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm the only red MSM out there, so you may have ran with me. Was it back in December or January?

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey- i jinxed myself when i talked to you friday! i got a speeding ticket the next day
Damn, ouch... I'm sorry man.

Maybe my alternate theory about traffic tickets is true: everytime I mention about never crashing or never getting a ticket or pulled over, the jinx gets put on someone I know or met in person. Damn... I better stop then.

Again, sorry Sean Jay.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Very entertaining video. What mods and tires does the MSM have?

I wonder whats the extent of having a torson vs. a visious..

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, you are so fast on that road.
im kind of glad i didn't run with you or i'd be embarrassed :(
Driving the hill is not about driving fast, it's about driving well. The speed, smoothness, and confidence come from it and is only the result, hence my quote in my signature. Don't worry about speed. I don't care if people are fast, I just love driving. I only care if it's to humble people who are, in reality, slow and think they are the best the world has to offer in their own heads. Also, driving's about learning, so still come on by and learn. This sounds a bit cheesy, but everybody, no matter much they know, can still learn from each other. I still have much to learn. Let's drive when I get back to SoCal in May.

And I've mentioned it before and though some of my videos say otherwise, that road in the video is special (very remote and virtually no traffic) and is one where I can do this. If you really want to know where I got my speed and control from (since I've never crashed in over the three years I've been running the canyons/hills), go to the track to figure your car's and your personal limit is. That's my secret.

JDMAflac said:
Very entertaining video. What mods and tires does the MSM have?

I wonder whats the extent of having a torson vs. a visious..
Mods:
1. Flyin' Miata springs (6.1/4.1) (kg/mm)
2. KYB AGX 4-way adjustable shocks
3. SSR Type C wheels (16"x7", 42 mm offset)
4. Flyin' Miata full intake system upgrade for the Mazdaspeed Miata
5. Flyin' Miata intercooler
6. Hard Dog Sport rollbar (double-diagonal)
7. Impact! Racing latch-type harness (1)
8. Sparco Speed racing seat (1)

Tires: BF Goodrich KDW2

And about the LSD, I don't really have a clue. Someone else may have the answer to what the merit of having a torsion over a viscous has. All I know is that I'm happy with my torsion and it gives me traction during powering out on exit of corners and helps me turn during acceleration. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts