ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are a few new rx7 threads..thought you guys might appreciate some pics of my FD
Its currently making 440whp and is an absolute blast to drive
The GT35R and Vmount setup was recently added and tuned by Peter Farrel Supercars

Here are the specs

Engine

- Rebuilt at PFS with stock ports
- A-spec kit GT35R (Garrett dual ball bearing) Turbine
- Tial 44mm Wastegate
- Custom Manifold/Downpipe
- Rotary Extreme V-mount Intercooler/Radiator Setup
- Greddy Throttle Body Elbow
- HKS SSQV Blow off Valve
- HKS Twin Power Ignition, NGK egv series plugs
- KGParts Fuel System (550/1600cc injectors, upgraded secondary fuel rail, SS lines, FPR, supra fuel pump)
- Magnecor Wires
- K&N filter
- Rotary Extreme Mini Battery Tray with Hawker Oddessy PC680 battery
- Apex'i PowerFC
- Blitz SBC-id Boost controller
- Kakimoto Race Midpipe
- Racing Beat Dual-tip exhaust
- Tuned at Peter Farrell Supercars by Ray Wilson

Exterior
- Custom House of Kolors Kandy Cobalt Blue with Rosetta Red Pearl
- 99-spec taillights
- FEED fiberglass side skirts painted black
- Upgraded front turn signals and head lamps
- Fikse FM-10 17x8.5, 17x10

Interior

- Nardi Torino Steering Wheel
- C's Short Shifter
- HKS Shift Knob

Suspension/Drivetrain

- Koni Yellows/H&R Springs/Ground Control Coilovers
- Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar
- Custom Kevlar Clutch

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Very nice. Now switch the battery to the rear drivers side storage bin like I did :)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
nice signal lights in front, led's?

well hell, nice car overall too =D>

·
3,542 Posts
Don't you need an extraction hood when using a V mount setup?

Nice FD!

·
Registered
274 Posts
and it's a billion times sexier in person, and i just glanced at it :p

there's a montego blue twin turbo rx-7 in the area with a new front bumper with some sweet looking turn signals (and i think different headlights). i think he has some pics on myspace. talk about sex on wheels... and it's amazing to drive pant pant.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I love how FD's seem to look like they're made of liquid...

I was also wondering about the non-extraction hood/V-mount intercooler. Looks like it might have problems later. Nothing a hood change can't fix.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone!!

I love how FD's seem to look like they're made of liquid...

I was also wondering about the non-extraction hood/V-mount intercooler. Looks like it might have problems later. Nothing a hood change can't fix.
Yes they seem to have that effect. I purchased the car already painted and the guy that got it painted spent 13k on the job and it has like 20 coats of paint on it...so that gives it the liquid effect. Whats funny is most people ask me what kinda car it is at random places like gas stations. And then they ask me if it was just released or if its a 2006-2007 model. They flip when I tell them its a 93....the design is so ahead of its time really.

and it's a billion times sexier in person, and i just glanced at it :p

there's a montego blue twin turbo rx-7 in the area with a new front bumper with some sweet looking turn signals (and i think different headlights). i think he has some pics on myspace. talk about sex on wheels... and it's amazing to drive pant pant.
Yeah he goes to VTech so he is rarely in RIC

Don't you need an extraction hood when using a V mount setup?

Nice FD!
I have fans on my I/C and I have it setup where there is no extraction hood needed. I have a FC commander in th ecar so I can monitor my water temps and underhoot air temps and they are always much cooler then your average FD. Plus I really like the stock hood :D

nice, i saw this car on jtuned forum correct?
yeah it was on there...I have posted a few cars on there

nice signal lights in front, led's?

well hell, nice car overall too =D>
Yes LED's...and thanks :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. PFS is still in business? I though he'd been run out of town for ripping people off?
PFS is backed up about 4 months out with all the business they have.....they are booming

Peter Farrel sold the company to his employee Ray Wilson about a year ago and business has been booming since then.

I called in last week to get some more dyno tuning and he said earliest he can take me is Late November..lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
actually, the guy i know works in Richmond and lives off near Hungary Spring in the west end... didn't think he went to school. His plates say "THE EXEC"

http://www.myspace.com/burnhoel
try that :p
ohh I have never seen that car...is this it?

cuz that looks black to me in the pic

BTW there is a guy in southside tha has a car that looks exactly like this but he has BBS wheels...his paint is kinda like mine but its a 99spec color I think

1 - 20 of 22 Posts