ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's gottem and what do you think? Im thinking about getting a FX1 Pro for me and a A4 for the pass side. Im not worried about fittment because im 5'9 and only 125 (oh, hush your just jelous). Ive looked at FM's seat guide and they say that the optimal seat dimentions are 19.5 inches base width and 21 inches and the Corbeau is 20 in base by 22.5 shoulder. Would that still fit? Im not so worried about mounting becasue ive heard that the sliders they manufacture are compatable. Im wondering I havent seen anyone try to fit a FX1 pro into a NA. Why is that? Anyone sat in one and know how comfortable it is? Im young and can deal with some uncomfortablity but i dont want to take 4 hr trips sitting on a rock. Im also wondering about FIA approval with the Corbeau's. I dont do much track racing but maybe an AutoX every now and again. Im mostly worried how they will hold up in an impact on the street.

Or should i just save up for an axispowerracing. But then I would only have one....

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Im running Corbeau Forza's in the daily miata. Im 5'9, 130 pounds. They fit well, they do rub on the door a bit, but no complaints here. I can take pictures if you want.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased the Corbeau Forza(as i am a 36-38"waist) seat in the summer because the factory seat was getting worn and the shape of the seat was killing my back between the shoulders. The seat is sooo much more comfortable than the stock ones and really holds me in place on the track and autocross course. I also ordered the miata sliding bracket and it bolted into place with no problems in about 5 min. It does make entry/exit a bit more difficult but not enough to make me remove it. :D

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm about 5' 11", 145lbs, another skinny kid, but it seems that these corbeaus fit a wide range of body types. I fit very comfortably into a sparco speed, are the corbeaus comparable, to those that have tried both??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They look good but i want to sit in one before i make up my mind. Anyone in the DC area havem?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coincidentaly i found and one of craiglists today, used only once with the mounting brackets and sliders for $175. Only problem is i can get three bolts in without an issue but the fourth one is just baaaaarrly off. I think its the bolts threads that are stripped from taking them out so many times. Do you think its safe to drive on only 3 bolts til i can get a new one?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
question for you JDMAflac, it seems like my seat doesnt slide too far forward becasue the right bolster hits the trans tunnel and it doesnt slide all the way back becasue of the side latches on the Ht. do you have the same problem?

·
Registered
971 Posts
coincidentaly i found and one of craiglists today, used only once with the mounting brackets and sliders for $175. Only problem is i can get three bolts in without an issue but the fourth one is just baaaaarrly off. I think its the bolts threads that are stripped from taking them out so many times. Do you think its safe to drive on only 3 bolts til i can get a new one?
NO! Go get a tap set and either clean up the threads or enlarge and re-tap the hole!!

Good deal on a Forza... congrats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know how off it is, but usually I have someone sitting in the seat so that the bracket is flush to the mounting points and is somewhat easier to bolt in.

NO! Go get a tap set and either clean up the threads or enlarge and re-tap the hole!!

Good deal on a Forza... congrats.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
question for you JDMAflac, it seems like my seat doesnt slide too far forward becasue the right bolster hits the trans tunnel and it doesnt slide all the way back becasue of the side latches on the Ht. do you have the same problem?
Your correct, it doesnt slide forward too much but im not too short and it does slide back but my roll bar is in the way. It's perfect for me though.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
a little late in the game, but if you're skinny like me (6' 145lbs) a buddy club standard is quite nice, and very well priced.

and then you can get a matching wide for the passenger, or leave the passenger stock like i did.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts