ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should I say knuttz about them JDM parts I was woundering which kind of JDM beer youse guys like, myself having been stationed for 18 months on the island of Okinawa I tried purty much everyone they made and I gotta tellya they all sucked .
Now at this late age I have grown to and still gettin older by the day , my taste and kinda narrowed down to one kind , Guinness and mirco brews , after reading how much youse guys like jap parts I got to thinkin maybe they drink jap beer .

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
had a few various beers at the local japanese steak house that I cant remember the names of ATM, they didnt taste much different than your basic american light beers so maybe thats why I cant remember.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Try Hitachino Nest. It comes in bottles with an Owl on them. It's an Excellent beer by any standards. I like the White Ale, my girlfriend likes the red Rice beer. They have other flavors but those two are the only ones I can find here with any consistancy. Plus it's ungodly expensive at four dollars american for a 12oz bottle. check out their web page here http://kodawari.cc/engpage/kodawari/html/hitachino.htm. It's one of my favorite beers and I am a HUGE beer snob. My favorites are Okocim Porter, Trois Pistoles, Chimay Grand Reserve.

As to other japanese beers, I've tried all the major ones Sapporro, Asahi, Kirin. None were bad in my estimation, and I'd rank them a step above your normal american lager like Coors or Bud.

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
orion from okinawa is one of my favorites, that beer is actually imported.... kirin, asahi and sapporro aren't very good unless you drink them in japan and it needs to be draft. those beers i think all are part of american franchises and for the US market are made in the US....you can really taste the difference between the US and Japanese versions.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
My choices are limited here in Florida :(

but i try to get Sapporo whenever possible. :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
1,213 Posts
those JDM Sapporro cans are the mitz schnitz ... :D

once your done you can use the ( cleaned ! ) can as a pen/pencil holder for your workshop :wink:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Ima guinness boy meself, chalk it up to my heritage along with turning red when drunk...

kevin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sapporo draft is not bad but my favs are Newcastle brown ale and Rolling Rock.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Sapporo's Heffeweisen is way better than their draft. It's not cloudy or anywhere near as tasty as a Widmer but it's still good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well this thread didn't get to many replies I guess youse guys don't drink beer so maybe your wine or stocth snobs , myself I am a true blue collar worker and beer is my drink of choice tho I do like Takillya now and then but , I am a snob with that I only like Petron , smooth as silk and no need for that lime and salt crap .

·
4,436 Posts
You wanna talk scotch then lets talk scotch - wanna talk whisky or whiskey, and we'll start with some of Ireland's best. I have a glass of Auchentoshan Triple Blend on ice as we speak.

But if you want to discuss JDM whisky....for a relaxing time, make it Suntory Times

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well this thread didn't get to many replies I guess youse guys don't drink beer so maybe your wine or stocth snobs , myself I am a true blue collar worker and beer is my drink of choice tho I do like Takillya now and then but , I am a snob with that I only like Petron , smooth as silk and no need for that lime and salt crap .
Well, there also aren't that many people on this board, and probably fewer who have sampled a wide variety of Japanese beers.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
so is this just like a favorite beers thread now? JDM or not?

for quantity not quality - bud select

other favorites - sam adams summer ale, irish car bombs :twisted:, victory hopdevil ale, heineken....

It'll get you drunk!! definately my favorite. \:D/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so is this just like a favorite beers thread now? JDM or not?

for quantity not quality - bud select

other favorites - sam adams summer ale, irish car bombs :twisted:, victory hopdevil ale, heineken....

It'll get you drunk!! definately my favorite. \:D/
Summer ale sux , hello it has lemon in it ewwww , an irish car bomb is really a boilermaker , hello I are one , but I do like Hop Devil which is made right across the river from me , now since you from Va and are 23 I can understand about anything that'll get you drunk statement ............ LOL !

And Peter you are such an Irish snob .................... LOL !

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
One of my current faves is Fin Du Monde from Quebecois brewery Unibrouque. Theri Trois Pistoles, and Terrible are tremedous brews as well. My evryday beer of choice is Sessions Lager, it's quite a good beer for the price. And if it's pints on the cheap it's Pabst (trivia: Portland drinks more Pabst per capita than any other city) 'cause i don't know any other beer that good for $1 a pint.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,668 Posts
It may not be a microbrew per se, but I LOVE Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Good enough beer to buy a guy for his birthday ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Rob and I were at a microbrewery in Atwater and he asked what kind of beer I wanted.
I replied Coors Light.
He said like Coors Light?
I said yeah so much like Coors Light it comes in a bottle with a label that says Coors Light.
I just don't like Guiness, or other heavy beers, and don't get me started on sushi or shushimi...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts