ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my clutch changed by a questionable mechanic... #-o

he did the job for $180 and i couldnt afford to spend 300+elsewhere.

anyway drove to autobacs, got out of my car, went inside and came back to my car.

when i started it my car started making a beep beep beep warning sound and i was like wtf---NO OIL PRESSURE :shock:

i never knew the miata had a warning buzzer like that- i checked oil, oil was full... maybe the pump went bad, or just the gauge :?

i start it back up- same thing again, but i took notice that the HLA's were not ticking (durr!thanks for the help via telephone daniel [gunwoo])...so i rev the car....my tach isnt moving. I also did not read any water temp and my fuel gauge isnt working either.... the only thing that works is the spedometer!!

how could this have happened??? what can i do to fix my tach+ fuel tank &watertemp gauge???

***UPDATE***= it was a blown fuse. i quickly replaced it infront of autobacs (thx steven) . the problem was solved until i got home...the fuse blew again!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: ....help, suggestions :( ???

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Re: Sketchy mechanic+clutch job= NO oil pressure and warning buzzer on my 1.6 infront of autobacs!

If he goes back, who knows what the hell he could **** up next. This is the reason I do everything myself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: Sketchy mechanic+clutch job= NO oil pressure and warning buzzer on my 1.6 infront of autobacs!

damn!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts

probably the gauge cluster. since the speedometer is run by a cable that is directly connected to the gauge cluster. no electronics there. so thats the best bet. try replaceing that or take it to someone if you arent a mechanic. check m.net (god forbid) but they usually know ALL the problems. peace.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
yea dude it sounds like something burnt out on your cluster. i had the same thing happen to me before. like dishesrdone said the speedo cable is connected via cable and is hooked to your tranny.

try checking your fuses under the driverside on the left.

the beeping sound, it may be the warning sound for your air bag sensor. my air bag light always blinks and after awhile it finally burnt out. once it burnt out i would hear a beep/buzz sound from under the steering wheel.

hope this helps, it sounds very similar to what my stuff sounded like.

·
Registered
7 Posts

thats easy! happened to me before, it's just a fuse under your dash. i forgot which one though. i had a short on my coil wire. exposed wire. just replace the fuse and everything will be fine. find the short though.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thats easy! happened to me before, it's just a fuse under your dash. i forgot which one though. i had a short on my coil wire. exposed wire. just replace the fuse and everything will be fine. find the short though.
AH turn signals dont work either :( ... hopefully someone can help me with this

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its the fuse!!! This happened with mine, minus the buzzer beep thing. Everything but the speedo won't work. It's the umm... "Meter" fuse I think.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its the fuse!!! This happened with mine, minus the buzzer beep thing. Everything but the speedo won't work. It's the umm... "Meter" fuse I think.
then i believe the buzzer to be the airbag, because it looks like you have the airbag steering wheel, i have the japanese airbagless version

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
check the update....i fixed it infront of autobacs (blown fuse) then drove home and the fuse blew again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts