ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was my record breaking mods as in terms of time... I was anticipating this model to come out so bad that I already had tuning parts waiting even before purchasing the model~ and I finishing it in 2days!lol It took couple of months to post...b/c I was in my 'lazy mood'~~
I call this 'Stage1' Because it's pretty moderate mods...and yes, there will be stage2 and 3. haha
For this one, I swaped out the stock wheels with set of Work Meister wheels that I modified for staggered look. They do roll and steer like all my other mods. Left the body pretty much stock except for the front splitter and rear diffuser.
Engine has been modified with set up top mounted turbo and larger intercooler.

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
Damn, I thought it was real in the first few pics......until I saw the electrical outlet :woolery:

Awesome stuff!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have a nice r34 I've been wanting to do something with. Where do you get your aftermarket rims and parts from? I know they sell some tuner packs from Tamiya.... super hard to find though, if you could share where you get them from I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a nice r34 I've been wanting to do something with. Where do you get your aftermarket rims and parts from? I know they sell some tuner packs from Tamiya.... super hard to find though, if you could share where you get them from I'd appreciate it.
I know there is some stores in Europe that sells tuning parts for 1/18 cars ,but I haven't bought any.

I use parts from another car...this gets expensive b/c you have to buy another model just for parts. You also need to get creative... that 'Work Meister' style wheel on R33 is from 1/24 Jada 'import tuner model' Jada models are kinda cartoonish. It has out of scale wheels on them ,so I found out that 1/24 jada wheels are perfect size for 1/18 cars.
Some times, I just make my own parts out of everyday things... I made headers from Bronze rod I got from hardware store. I found lots of weird stuff from 'Michaels' I just see things that I can sub for parts for my 1/18 diecast.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Awesome work like always, Chris!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts