ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you teenagers that work on minimum wage, or unemployed college students that get money from god knows where............I have come up with the perfect solution.

I too am extremely poor. I happen to have a 04 Miata that I won for free in an online lottery, but I live in a 3rd world country and make $400 a month so I dont have much money to do modifications.

I really like this slammed look that many of you Clubroadster guys do. I want to do it too.

This is what the car look like before. As you can see there is nothing in my country

Step 1) Cut Springs. I just cut mine about 2.5'' since you have to factor in droop with the shorter spring.

Step 2) Cut/grind shaft of shock the amount of inches you want your car dropped so it will keep the ride smooth without putting all the weight on the shocks. Think about it......if you make an even cut to both the spring and shock, then it will ride no different than stock but have the awesome looks!

Step 3) Rethread the shaft. Take it to a local metal shop and tell them you need threads on the top of the shaft so you can tighten down your tophats. Only cost me $12 for front, and $12 for the rear.

Step 4) Reinstall everything. You have slam for $24!!!!!

^Me parked in front of our apartment complex. We use metal garage doors where we live for security.

This works beautifully, and gives a stock smooth ride. It is almost like being on a cloud.....a cloud that shoots down sparks over every bump.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes! I hope I can inspire others to be creative and try new things also. Although I am not sure it is new. But here in my country, I am very admired for it

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Can believe you really went through with this.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Yes really.

After I heard what this could do for my love life I went out and did it too. In my country we are only allowed one color of vehicle. I didn't cut mine as far because I only had $18 total. When I get $6 more, I will have them put more threads on the shock.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad you guys like! Next I plan to purchase some camber and offsets for my car. I hope one day JumbaBeat can do an article on my car!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I rofl`d.

for srs tho JumbaBeat is the most legit 3rd world country weblog.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can adjust the camber on standard mx-5 without purchasing anything.
Maybe it is for american cars only. I found a shop that can sell me 6 degrees camber for $80. It is so expensive here, but I have saved for many months so I can mount these steelies with the camber I buy and look just like so many americans! Everyone here loves USDM so much <3

Here are the steelies. I will have them polished and mounted by the weekend!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I seriously can't take this.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts