ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this exhaust brand new in June of 2010 for $400 shipped straight from corksport. It sounded amazing however the design hung a little low and the resonator was kind of fat, so on my slammed miata it quickly got smashed down and got holes. I then removed the exhaust in spring of this year after buying a new 3" turbo exhaust. I was going to fix the exhaust and put it on my gf's miata, but we have since broke up.

The resonator bottom was completely replaced, a small hole in the rear of the muffler was repaired and hair line cracks at the exhaust hanger on the muffler have been rewelded. There are also two dents in the pipe where its closest to the diff. As the exhaust got pushed up, it would hit the side fin on the diff and the axle, causing the two dents. The exhaust no longer touches either due to the dents.

Exhaust hangers included, no hardware however. $375 shipped brand new to my place, selling mine for $300. No shipping, pick up only :D

*lab not included

Located in the High Desert, 92308.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have the same exhaust and it scrapes everywhere. did you modify the hangers at? im thinking of ways to raise it up cuz i love how it sounds

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Rick sold this exhaust back to you?

I've always wanted this exhaust! GLWS :D
Was a gift back after I got the Roadstersport. Get it mang.

To anyone interested, It really is "slammed ready" and doesn't/didn't scrape when I owned it, I had no problems with it. It still sounded great and is quite loud. I miss it from time to time lol. GLWS

and when the hell did you get a lab.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not my lab, we always take care of my uncle's dog when he goes out of town lol. Ill post up my youtube clip when I get to a comp.

Em ex, I tried to respond earlier but ur pm box was full.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Video

If it wasn't for the fact its only 2.5" piping, and my diffuser, I'd probably reinstall this exhaust on my car. I loved how it sounded, and have missed it since I took it off. Sorry for the nasty lifter noise, this was before I found the correct oil weight to keep them quiet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Question! How much ground clearance is needed probably to not scrape everywhere? Im looking to buy this exhaust but Im really not looking to tear it up very quickly. Im the quality of you roads are a little better than around here in tennessee(lots of hills, backroads and bumpy roads)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was at 2.50" from the pinch welds when I first got the exhaust. I'd say you'd need to be 5" from the welds at least if not more to not scrape it every other minute

1 - 20 of 37 Posts