ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just mounted my konikt with fcm-parts and nb lower-rear-arms without a rear swaybar, the konis front upper perch rear middle perch, ride height front 11,80" rear 12,20", supersoft ride-feeling, no more bumping - no more rabitting ;)

some people say my car is slammed, i did not think so, i think its just fine balanced (i hope you won´t k... me for such a thread;))

·
3,542 Posts
NB lower rear arms? Hadn't heard of this mod yet...what does it do? Improve gemoetry for lowered cars?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,691 Posts
Actually, it looks fine, though about .25" up front would even things out a little.

Are those OEM wheels?

·
Registered
151 Posts
m.netters will think it's slammed, RDers will think it's a 4x4, lol.

It's all relative.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NB lower rear arms? Hadn't heard of this mod yet...what does it do? Improve gemoetry for lowered cars?
no its not a mod, it was an option for me, because my lower shock-bolt was rusted together with the rubberbushing in the shock and i was not able to get the bolt out of the arm and on the right side i could not torque the bolt cause the thread-nut was broken out of his welds in the arm, and so i phoned with a friend of mine who sells parts from wrecked miataes and got a pair of lower rear arms from the nb cause the had only 13kmiles on them and no rust. i just could get a pair of arms from an na too but the were older and rusty, the arms from the nb are just the same (geometry) though a few little things that are not bad, the are a little bit reinforced in twice to the na-arms and they have another mounting for the rear swaybarendlinks, i drive without the rear swaybar so its ok

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, it looks fine, though about .25" up front would even things out a little.

Are those OEM wheels?
the problem with the yellow konis is, if you take the same perch front and rear, your car will sit to much higher in the rear. i have taken front highest perch and rear middle perch. the other prob is that the perches are not all in the same difference, means that upper > middle 0.4" middle > lower 0.25"

though i have 2 opinions: front upper rear lower > 11,81">11,92" that would be even, but so i have much more suspension travel in front than in the rear (or sittin on the bumps)

front upper rear middle (like now) 11,81">12,20", i have not measured the height when i sit in and the gasoline is full, i think then it would be a little more even

the wheels are oem-wheels from the a german limited edition nb called phönix, they are enkei 6x15 offset 40 with 12,83lbs, nice light ;)

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I would only call it "too low" or "slammed" if I was worried about the geometry of the suspension and wanted to maximize my car's agility.
As far as looks go, I like the front, but the rear could go a bit lower to even things out.

Bryan, I think those are Enkei Rp-02's or something.

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
i'd probably have the front up just a notch, and the rear a bit lower, but all in all seems nice and looks great.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
after a little research, here is the info, from Phatmiata's cardomain.

"These are the rims from the Japanese Spec NR-A 2002 Mazda Roadster, from everything i have read there was less than 500 of the (Lightweight) NR-A Roadsters made, and they were never exported. This rim setup was a factory Upgrade From Mazda Japan!!

The rims are Mazda Factory 15" Enkei RP02-J's Painted in a Pearl White with Metallic Flake. The size is 15x7 (PCD 4-100) & 41 offset (Perfect for Miata) They are light too!! Notice the infamous "Enkei" Brand logo, Yummy!

Notice the sharp looking OEM Mazda Logo in the center cap!! Very Trick!! All Mazda Baby!!!"

so there ya have it.

I was reading on miata.net that lowering your car too much messes up the suspension geometery and makes your wheel bearings go bad. What's up with that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts