ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there needs to be a post on all the slang/abbreviated terms people are using.

I get "IMO" and "IMHO" but having a little problems on the rest.

Is this normall? I mean I am only 24.

·
Registered
465 Posts
alot of the abbreviations spawned from online games, having to type to people fast when good voice com programs werent available yet. so if you havent ever played those you might not get or understand what some mean. theres really not too many that are used in here that arnt obvious ones though from what ive seen.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Havn't we had a few of these threads before? :?

www.urbandictionary.com[/quote]

Oh. I am sorry. I searched but didnt find anything in the "general chat" catagory I thought they'd be in....perhaps you can enlighten me though.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Here's some Internet slang I can't stand.

ALLOT or ALOT.

A LOT is two words, why is this hard to understand. Do you spell a little "alittle"?

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ALLOT or ALOT.

A LOT is two words, why is this hard to understand. Do you spell a little "alittle"?
I think its the need to type too fast and being too lazy to slow down and proof read all the while stuffing super sized fast food down their mouths.

Whens our next orlando meet going to be??

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

ALLOT or ALOT.

I think its the need to type too fast and being too lazy to slow down and proof read all the while stuffing super sized fast food down their mouths.

Whens our next orlando meet going to be??
Supposed to be every Thursday, I couldn't make the last two because I was out of town. I'll be up there this thursday. 8)

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there needs to be a post on all the slang/abbreviated terms people are using.

I get "IMO" and "IMHO" but having a little problems on the rest.

Is this normall? I mean I am only 24.
in my opinion, in my honest opinion. well i think that's what it means
Yeah I know those two, thats why I wrote "I get "IMO" and "IMHO" but having a little problems on the rest."

I was just thinking it would be easier to type out the whole word so people dont have to stop and think every few letters. I mean everyones at an age where they can drive, so its not like we have to hide our language from mommy and daddy and type in code.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first thing I did was look it up.

All I am saying is that its not going to save you any time by typing three letters instead of three words. If you are in that big of a rush or that lazy maybe you shouldnt be online.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What the hell does china and communism have to do with a roadster forum? I wasnt planning on going on vacation or anything, quite happy here in florida.

And what you think saving three seconds is going to make a big difference?

Man, I thought the old people on miata.net were bad. Smart arse youngsters are just as bad here.

Gona step out of this one I think before it gets locked.

·
Registered
262 Posts
IBTL FTMFW. :)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
It's beacause the search function is gay

Nobodys hiding anything, it's just easier, and if you don't understand words, just like in school you grab a dictionary and look it up. Why make it harder on everyone else?
Please expatiate on your thoughts of why you think the search function is "gay."

How do you find it useful/useless?

How exactly is SkinnyRoadster making it harder on everyone else?

Perhaps he has the same opinion of those that type "in code" or use abbreviations or acronyms.

Let's not get carried away with this, please.

We are all here to talk about our love of the Mazda Roadster.

If you want to debate internet etiquette and/or one's predilection for semantics, take it elsewhere please.

Oh, and if you're not sure what some of the above words mean, "grab a dictionary."

G

·
What the hell does china and communism have to do with a roadster forum?
Nothing.

fwdtamiya said:
If you look online the majority of people are doing this, if you're going to go to china and complain about communism maybe you shouldn't be there huh?
I believe Garrett was saying:

a) when in China it would be futile for you to complain about the presence of communism

=

b) when on the internet it would be futile for you to complain about the commonplace use of acronyms as shorthand

=

c) love it or leave it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts