ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slick Auto / APR Performance Formula GT3 Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors for the Mazda Miata NA/NB 1990-2005

Slick Auto announces the arrival of the Slick Auto / APR Performance Formula GT3 Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors for the Mazda Miata NA/NB 1990-2005. Featuring carbon fiber construction, these lightweight aerodynamic mirrors help to reduce drag and minimize blind spots. This mirror package is specifically designed for your Miata, and will work great for both street and/or track duty.

Features:
- Fits the Mazda Miata NA 1990-1997 and NB 1999-2005, direct replacements for the OEM manual or power side mirrors.
- Miata-specific mounting bases (CNC-cut from 7075 aluminum alloy billet) and stalks (also 7075 aluminum alloy) are powder-coated to a durable black finish.
- Aerodynamically-shaped for drag reduction.
- Carbon fiber material is used in the mirror housings to ensure strength.
- Wide-angled convex mirror lens in 5.5"-wide housings minimize blind spots.
- Mirror lenses are blue anti-glare coated to improve viewing during nighttime driving.
- Adjustable ball stubs (w/ tension adjustment) provide wide range of adjustment.
- Includes two (2) sets of mirrors for driver and passenger-sides, and all necessary mounting hardware, gaskets, tools and installation instructions.
- Mounting screws are now in silver-colored stainless steel!
- Dimensions: 5.5" width x 2.75" height x 2.5" depth (mirror housing)
- Weight: 8.7 oz. (single mirror assembly, including bases/stalk/housing/lens)

Price: $249+ shipping
- CA residents add 9.75% sales tax.
- Shipping via UPS Ground/3-Day/2nd-Day/Next-Day.
- Local pickup in Walnut, CA is available by appointment.

Ordering Info:
P/N: SA-MIATA01
Order from SlickAuto.com online store: http://slickauto.com/sa-miata01.html (We can accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, or PayPal)
Order from one of our authorized dealers: 949Racing.com, MiataRoadster.com

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
wow I REAAAALLLY like these, by far the best CF mirrors I have seen for the Miata, ever. - but I would kill myself if I spent more on mirrors than I did on my intercooler ;_;

·
Supporting Member
1,291 Posts
Is the Stalk/rod bent on these ? It looks different from the ones on the original forum post on the red NA and silver NB. The other ones looked straighter (which I liked about them). These have that curve right underneath the housing.

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pac-man 99,
Good catch. The rods shown in this picture are not the same as the bent ones that will be included with the kits (the newly-bent ones are still being powder-coated). :p

Jonathan,
We're transitioning over to a new card processor. We should be good to go with VISA/MasterCard within a couple days after the holiday weekend. I'll keep you posted.

mad doc,
We'll be taking installed on-car pics this coming week. Besides minor differences with the Miata-specific base (new counter-sunk holes, powder-coating) and the use of black counter-sunk screws, it won't look too different from the installations shown here: http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16025

·
Registered
674 Posts
suber interested. is there going to be a group buy?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pac-man 99,
Good catch. The rods shown in this picture are not the same as the bent ones that will be included with the kits (the newly-bent ones are still being powder-coated). :p

Jonathan,
We're transitioning over to a new card processor. We should be good to go with VISA/MasterCard within a couple days after the holiday weekend. I'll keep you posted.

mad doc,
We'll be taking installed on-car pics this coming week. Besides minor differences with the Miata-specific base (new counter-sunk holes, powder-coating) and the use of black counter-sunk screws, it won't look too different from the installations shown here: http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16025
But these pictures are of the final adapter plates and stuff right? Just a different bend?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
i want to see them on a carrrrrr. Not just a close up of them mounted but like a full shot of a car with them. im thinking about picking em up
Same exact mirrors but different diy bases.

Jeff I NEED YOUR BASE PLATES!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just a quick question that I didn't see addressed, any concerns about any of the hardware or parts ever rusting?

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RotorNutFD3S,

The bases(plates) and stalks(rods) are made of corrosion-resistant 7075 aluminum, and are also powder coated. The ball stubs are made of stainless steel. You won't see any of these particular parts ever rusting (or oxidizing).

The counter-sunk screws are black-oxide steel with an additional anti-rust treatment added on. I actually left a few of these treated screws in salt water solution and found no rust after being submerged for a week (couldn't say the same for the non-treated ones).

1 - 20 of 86 Posts