ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've noticed is that things are set up so that clicking on pictures opens them in a new window. This is ok, except for the fact that those of us savvy enough to post a link to a full-size pic have just wasted our efforts because clicking on the picture will only show the displayed (smaller image) in a new window.

Anything to be done about it?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
One thing I've noticed is that things are set up so that clicking on pictures opens them in a new window. This is ok, except for the fact that those of us savvy enough to post a link to a full-size pic have just wasted our efforts because clicking on the picture will only show the displayed (smaller image) in a new window.

Anything to be done about it?
Hmm, I didn't realize it did that. I'll have to look into it.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Let me just clarify:

This is the way I have things set up in order to conserve web space and badwidth.

1. If you ATTACH an image, it will make a thumbnail that, when clicked on, will open in a new window with a maximum size of 1280x960.

2. If you post a url of an image between URL tags, that link becomes clickable and it will go off of this server onto the one with the hosted pic.

3. If you post a url of an image between IMG tags, that picture will be displayed inline in the post, but possibly shrunken to keep people from having to scroll all over the place to see some HUGE-ASS picture.

So, if you have a big-ass picture hosted somewhere else and you want people to be able to see it in all its glory, make the image URL clickable by using the URL tags, not the IMG tags.

OR...you can ATTACH the pic, but be aware that the maximum viewing size upon opening the image in another window will be 1280x960.

Make sense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts