ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can you tell me if this

will fit on my 1,6 liter

can you please tell me it exist a compatibily kit? like tr Lane?

many thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Im sorry had to do it. To fit it to a miata you would have to fabricate pretty much everything. Just find you a used JR supercharger here in the states and have it shipped to you or better yet piece together a turbo kit. But, based off your question you may not no to much about the mechanics of a car. So, If you cannot afford a kit of some sorts or do not have the knowledge regarding FI. You may need to do some reading/Waiting until you are ready.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
This forum is terrible, someone comes and asks a simple question and all you guys have to get bent out of shape. OP, yes, your supercharger will fit on the 1.6, I can guarantee that even if you have one of those odd European 1.6 engines that you should be able to place this unit on top of the valve cover without much risk of it falling off. You will not be able to close the hood, nor would I recommend driving around without securing the blower in some fashion.

·
Deez Nuts
1,596 Posts
LOL, go buy a new one like I just did. It will only cost you about $3,300 tax and shipping. You guys are fucken funny.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
So other than making fun of the new guy, does anyone seriously know if the blower is the same (for example is the M45 or the MP45)?
From what recall the SLK was using the Eaton M45 but the nose of the supercharger was different than the Jackson Racing version that Moss was selling.

To the OP - in most cases fabricating or sourcing the brakets that required to fit the blower can be very expensive that's why as others mentioned might be cheaper to get a used JRSC off the US ebay and have it shipped to you in Europe.
Also since most of the SKLs sold in the US didn't have small supercharged engines there isn't too much interest and research done in the US on these blowers.

EDIT
Just by looking at your picture I can tell you that the blower seems significant different.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi can you tell me if this

will fit on my 1,6 liter

can you please tell me it exist a compatibily kit? like tr Lane?

many thanks!
I don't know the answer to your question and I think the funny guys who gave you all the grief don't know either. So instead of admitting it, they attack you :roll:. Almost any blower can be fitted to any car if you have the $$ or skills to do it. However, as others said, it would be much easier and effective to buy a supercharger kit made for the car, or better yet a turbo kit. There are lots of those available.

Good luck

·
Registered
656 Posts
This forum is terrible, someone comes and asks a simple question and all you guys have to get bent out of shape. OP, yes, your supercharger will fit on the 1.6, I can guarantee that even if you have one of those odd European 1.6 engines that you should be able to place this unit on top of the valve cover without much risk of it falling off. You will not be able to close the hood, nor would I recommend driving around without securing the blower in some fashion.
reminds me of hondatech assholes, same **** goes here huh

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
reminds me of hondatech assholes, same **** goes here huh
Not really, when all one would have to do is google M45 JRSC and see what it looks like. If you can't see that asking *will random part* fit my car is an awful question then I'm not really sure what to say.

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
TR Lane in the UK make all the parts to get a mini cooper blower to work on a miata...so if this is the same as that that'd be the place to start

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Dear, i'm not a troll or a stupid, just someone who ask. If you feel smart using your nerd-image do it. But you're useful like a broken lamp in the night.

Tanks to all who replied me :mrgreen:, i was wondering if for the slk compressor do exist a kit like the one of Tr lane for cooper supercharger.

But it seems not.

(sorry for my english!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not really, when all one would have to do is google M45 JRSC and see what it looks like. If you can't see that asking *will random part* fit my car is an awful question then I'm not really sure what to say.
What does jrsc have to do with anything? No one mentioned a jackson kit as far as i can see?

To the op, as far as i am aware the slk m45 is slightly bigger than the mini unit. The slk item however has an electromagnetic clutch fitted to it, which the mini item doesn't. Im not sure if this would cause some problems to get it working correctly?

·
Banned
607 Posts
Dear, i'm not a troll or a stupid, just someone who ask. If you feel smart using your nerd-image do it. But you're useful like a broken lamp in the night.

Tanks to all who replied me :mrgreen:, i was wondering if for the slk compressor do exist a kit like the one of Tr lane for cooper supercharger.

But it seems not.

(sorry for my english!)
You have very few posts, and have not demonstrated any knowledge regarding boosting a miata. What kind of response did you expect? Do you even know the parts needed to supercharge a miata other than actual supercharger? Also, complete supercharger kits go for around $1000-1500 used. I somehow doubt you'll be able to even match that price trying to custom some random sc to work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is easier to buy a kit, but you can have a miata blown for below 700 dollars if you are patient and learn stuff on your own through google and the various miata sites.

If you aren't willing to do the legwork for a setup then you are better off buying it.. I'm willing to bet that SLK supercharger would work, but I'd go for a cheaper one with rebuild possibilities.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question and I think the funny guys who gave you all the grief don't know either. So instead of admitting it, they attack you :roll:. Almost any blower can be fitted to any car if you have the $$ or skills to do it. However, as others said, it would be much easier and effective to buy a supercharger kit made for the car, or better yet a turbo kit. There are lots of those available.

Good luck
Im sorry had to do it. To fit it to a miata you would have to fabricate pretty much everything. Just find you a used JR supercharger here in the states and have it shipped to you or better yet piece together a turbo kit. But, based off your question you may not no to much about the mechanics of a car. So, If you cannot afford a kit of some sorts or do not have the knowledge regarding FI. You may need to do some reading/Waiting until you are ready.

Thanks
Really silver92b?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts