ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i will try to make this as picture friendly as possible as for i am no photographer
but i guess i try to play a roll as one on the internet :haiguyths:

so just a little over a year ago i had bought my first miata it was a classic red 90 1.6 liter

this was how i first bought it

i knew so little of it all i see was its small and looks simple to work on

first thing i did was replace the soft top with a semi new one and changed the rear wheels i disliked fat 5's for some reason and sprayed the front stocks silver

next to that i added an apexi n1 series exhaust (axle back welded)
and home made lip that i ripped off at the junkyard also added some ebay coils :fp: to lower the car just a tad bit

i got bored one day and made a switch from the power to the headlight motors and made a kill mod to have lazy eyes and took a photo with a friends e30

i dyed my turn signals yellow :rice:

then at a local (cb meet) krops took a photo of my junk i was a little happy:bouncin:

finally i got tired of having to unmatching set of wheel and picked up on four daises off some one for cheap and turned the coils as far down as the 60 dollar coils could go

and about 6months with it and that was the end of little red
i came across a deal on a 97 1.8 miata and invested in getting it with the money i got for my previous one:icon_cheers:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
and here it was in my garage the next morning after i sold little red
at 17 i thought i had gave myself the best gift... a second miata

right away i was able to tell the slight differences from the 1.6 to 1.8 and i enjoyed it
i just loved how these cars had a great power weight balance it was so responsive when it came to corners and such

that same week i decided to paint my valve cover

finished result personally i thought we did a great job :phillyb:

let me know what you guys think :hello kitty:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
about 31/2 months ago my rear axle seal (driveshaft to trans tail) rips and the bushing inside the trans was warped
*i changed all the fluids then and there trans diff and motor

replaced it and changed out the rear of the trans with and extra one i had laying around

so then i picked up on adapters that where $#it and spacers that helped me with bolt clearance
heres a picture of the wheels i painted the with rattle can came out pretty clean

added addapters to chance fitment to 4x114

and spacers to clear the bolts from hitting the wheel

then went to go mount tires on the wheels
went with 195 55 15 though it was a decent tire size

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
first side was done and i loved it wheel ended flush with the fender all the spacing i suppose lol:lol:

all sides were done and the car was back home in two days

roller shot on my way to project g 1 year anniversary
thanks to the fella that took it (forgot his name)

then the turn off its worst a bit over two months ago i get side swept on my way to a friends house and this

:cry2:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
they told me all my hard work to make those wheels fit down the drain into the dump

i slapped a steelie and drove the car like that tow wanted to charge almost 200 dollars for a 2 mile tow
i didnt have the funds (i didn't know what was going to happen with the car)

the adjuster came by to see my car the following week and gave me a statement and said my car was totaled due to airbag and windshield :smile1:
so three weeks go by and i receive no notice on anything and i start to wonder whats up?
so i call and then they told me that the driver who hit me said "i was speeding recklessly" so i clear that up because i had a witness (thank god for him stopping by to check on me) and i was told a total loss check or to keep the car and lose some of the offer
so i decided to take their money

but still keep my car :woolery:

although i didn't see any thing come in until 2months later i was pist
finally i ripped out the cracked windshield my self

so i got down with business and started wrenching and replacing bent broken parts

anyone notice the differences ?:dunno:

i drove it like that without a windshield to a local windshield installer and payed him $94 for a new one with weather strip around the "A" pillar

five or four weeks ago

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
three weeks ago i took my car to get another apexi n1 series exhaust welded

2weeks ago i picked up three wheels off a different friend for another 100bucks

along with the infamous racelands good deal so that's what i pick up on for now of course XD

as well went to get a steering set up boss hub NRG quick release and ebay wheel

i got around to installing to coilovers and getting rid of the god awful $#ity blown shocks with holly squeaking cut spring and felt a lot better

i have to admit for the price i got them i am satisfied but just have to see how long they will last with me

then again
my clutch in 2 days blew up
first day it was whining and felt the throw out bearing go out
i thought maybe ill get it checked tomorrow
my clutch had given out second day i got it to the shop and looked like this

i wish i knew how it began it was all of the sudden
oh well

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
last but not least down to the days that just passed this week i got my fenders rolled and pulled for 60 bucks all around he even managed to take out a dent lol:haiguyths:

spun the coils down a tad more and took it to get an alignment 50bucks
on a lift it goes again

and back on a budget i go, I'm just glad i was able to get my car back on all fours
and this is how it stands

-joe

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.