ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has been smoking for a while and got gradually worse. When I crank it after it sits for about 6 hours it smokes up the who neighborhood. It is an assload of white smoke. There is no water in the oil. I goes away after it gets to normal temps, but overheats sometimes. I am loosing antifreeze though. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I'm almost certain You have a bad head or head gasket. Your car is burning coolant. How many miles?

for a cheap fix you could just try pulling the head and replacing the gasket, but If you have high milage I thing the best thing to do is rebuild or replace the engine.

Your overheating will continue to get worse, Compression could make its way into the cooling system (If it has not already) and brake your radiator, heater core, hoses, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
double check your ompression.my old motor did smoke up my block bad,had bad valve seals,oil would come out the tip of the exhaust.t got worse ans worse.but i bought it with the bad motor.did my body work first .doing burnouts makes it age quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 Vote for:

Assload of White Smoke = Failed Head Gasket.

You had mentioned you were loosing coolant...

Or maybe a ninja threw a few of his escape-smoker-pellets in your exhaust...

Seriously though, don't run the car at all like that...The whole block is probably screwed from heat, (ALUMINUM) or is on its way to getting hydrolocked by now....liquids lack the ability to be compressed.

Good luck, I sincerely hope you can recover this one.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ok just to cover all you bases go out and retorque your head. If you can get one bolt to move a fraction of an inch thats your prob. Same thing happened to me last may. Oh, and when you do a compression test be sure to ground out all you spark plugs. I learned that the hard way and it cost me about $100 to replace the coil that I blew.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
/\ I'll try that. This morning i started it and smoke was seeping through were the header pipes meet as one. I'll try the head bolts. I also ordered a new intake gasket and bolts too. Could it possibly be exhaust?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*UPDATE* the head bolts were torqued down right. I'll check the intake manifold tomorrow. I think I've decided to get a new motor/tranny.

What are some good motor retailers? Are the JDM engines any good?

·
Registered
384 Posts
My '93 smokes at start-up, but its oil smoke.
Are you sure its white smoke like vapor white.
Mine is valve seals, so I'm putting a 1.8 in it next week.
I use a JDM engine guy here in Dallas for my replacement engines.
PM if you need more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts