ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
No thanks.
I hate anything to do with Nascar. Not so much b/c of the racing itself, but mainly b/c of the redneck population that watches it, and then says F1 doesn't compare.

Different strokes for different folks.

Although I wouldn't call them bricks. They're pretty much a tube steel chassis with a fiberglass body over it to make it look like the road-going counterpart. I would imagine they weigh around 3K, which isn't porky in this day and age.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I fondly refer to them as the "Lefties".

Though there is probabily more Engineering R&D put into one NASCAR "Insert series here" car than most cars that are on the road, they are still only sporting carburated pushrod V8s with a TOP OF THE LINE 1970's platform.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I caught it very end of the race... I hate NASCAR...but the truck race are better. Those trucks were all over the place at the track...crazy stuff.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
west michigan drivers helping each other out, maybe? sprague and benson both raced at the same oval tracks at the same time in west michigan. kind of neat to see them pair up to help each other like that.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A:.. thanks for your opinions... lemme grab my shotgun hop in my pickup and pop you one.. :mrgreen:

B: i'm glad someone else thinks that the truck racing is worth watching compared to the cars. although not true "bricks" like my 87 f150, compared to a NASCAR car, they ARE bricks. and honestly, if you can't respect the amount of courage that these people posess, or the amount of talent they posess, i'm sorry, but you shouldn't be able to appreciate other types of racing then..

yes, i am an F1 fan, i've been to the USGP twice and i haven't been to a NASCAR race. but honestly, todays' NASCAR truck racing is a lot more exciting than the "F1 parade" that usually goes down. atleast there is SOME passing.. even though if they are just drafting...

have you ever been to USGP? if so, there's plenty of rednecks there, and yes they do mess up the exprience.. but that's about the time i stopped sitting in the stands and went where real F1 fans go, to the infield on one of the mounds.. cheaper, too!

as for this message board, i understand everyone has an opinion, blah blah blah, and i'm completely ok with that. so i'm just expressing mine, and it's not meant as a personal attack upon anyone. if you feel that i have attacked you, i am deeply sorry.. i'm really not mad, though. i've come to expect this sort of response on most import car forums...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah, as far as how much talent NASCAR compared with F1 is, how come it's 4:22 and Juan Pablo is all by himself in 42nd position? didn't he qualify ok?

it's ok. he'll just blame his car and crew like he did through his ENTIRE F1 career. atleast every time he lost.

in case you're wondering, i do not have much respect for Juan Pablo.

B.A.R!! B.A.R!!! no more.. :cry: GO HONDA! can't wait for F1 season!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts