ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRRRR. woke up early this morning, yay pick up new car.

went to local HSBC bank, walked in, hmmm no one serving.. ask the customer service lady......"on a saturday they no longer have cashiers".. WTF i said. how can you not have cashiers. what am i supposed to do, how can i withdraw the money in which i need to pay for the car.

between 9 and 5 monday to friday. WHAT THE ****, I fucking work all fucking week from 9 to fucking five. i expect my fucking bank to be able to give me my money on a saturday for fucks sake. she suggested i use a bankers draft or pay for my car by switch!!! SWITCH oh yeah this guy has a fucking debit machine in his living room, don't you?!!?!?

i am so angry right now, i am going to kill the person who thought, "i know we can save 40 quid a year if we employ one untrained stupid bimbo customer service monkey and no one else on a saturday"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr plus i wasted £5 in parking

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*shrugs*lol

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
lol I dont think they have those in london. seriously, they cant give you any money? not even a casheirs check? then why the hell is someone even there? there should be a closed sign on the door.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ya know over here across the pond we have banks that are open 7 days a week nad we have ATM machines too .

One thing tho there are places here where you can't buy alkyhall at all which is kinda lame , say when you go to the gap you gotta drive to Anderson for beer or you could save a trip and pick from a limited slection at the Tapoco , purty much "Blue Laws" suckage .

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Banker's hours suck. I am going to open a 7 days a week bank and be rich.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Ya know over here across the pond we have banks that are open 7 days a week nad we have ATM machines too .

One thing tho there are places here where you can't buy alkyhall at all which is kinda lame , say when you go to the gap you gotta drive to Anderson for beer or you could save a trip and pick from a limited slection at the Tapoco , purty much "Blue Laws" suckage .
My experience of US banks is, ahem., laughable. Working in Alabama, with a checking account at a fairly large regional bank, when I wanted to wire some money to my bank in the Isle of Man, they looked at me like I was from Mars. First they had to look up where the IOM was, then decide how to send money out of the USA. In the end, they reckoned it would take 6 weeks, and cost me a bundle in charges. I mailed my manager a dollar cheque, and asked him to pay it into my account...all done inside of a week, with bugger all charges. I still got checks from that account. I should send a few bum checks......

My UK ATM card, used in the US, showed a checking balance of $999,999.99.

I couldn't figure out Alabama; there were State liquor stores, but you couldn't buy beer at them, but you could buy beer at a gas station. Then there was the 12oz bottle rule; what was that about? If I wanted a beer in a bottle more than 12oz (eg 16OZ), I had to drive to Florida. So lots of trips into Gulfbreeze to buy Dragon Stout :p. And then in Mississippi; dry counties. Daft idea. Tennessee was equally full of similar inbred laws; I lived in Knoxville for a few years, and did the Gap (not the store) a few times.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts

My experience of US banks is, ahem., laughable. Working in Alabama, with a checking account at a fairly large regional bank, when I wanted to wire some money to my bank in the Isle of Man, they looked at me like I was from Mars. First they had to look up where the IOM was, then decide how to send money out of the USA. In the end, they reckoned it would take 6 weeks, and cost me a bundle in charges. I mailed my manager a dollar cheque, and asked him to pay it into my account...all done inside of a week, with bugger all charges. I still got checks from that account. I should send a few bum checks......

My UK ATM card, used in the US, showed a checking balance of $999,999.99.

I couldn't figure out Alabama; there were State liquor stores, but you couldn't buy beer at them, but you could buy beer at a gas station. Then there was the 12oz bottle rule; what was that about? If I wanted a beer in a bottle more than 12oz (eg 16OZ), I had to drive to Florida. So lots of trips into Gulfbreeze to buy Dragon Stout :p. And then in Mississippi; dry counties. Daft idea. Tennessee was equally full of similar inbred laws; I lived in Knoxville for a few years, and did the Gap (not the store) a few times.

if you think that is bad here in hattiesburg there is a gas station right behind my appartment complex that is in the city limits but the road my appartment is on is in the county of lamar. a few weeks ago i bought some beer at that gas station then left to go to my apartment and got stoped half way to my apartment by a county cop and they took my beer and poured it out then told me not to bring beer into "his" county again or he would fine me.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
You shoulda called the cops on that pig for stealing your beer and dumping it down the drain. AFAIK, there are no blue laws that prohibit the possession of alcohol in a "dry" county. The laws only regulate the purchase of alcohol in your bible-thumping, duelling banjo excuse for a county.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts