ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
That style is the same one Phatmiata got, but in the LE red, and in vinyl instead of leather.

I think he paid somewhere around $800 PER SEAT for the vinyl. The leather ones are INSANELY expensive. I think they're close to $1200 EACH!!! :shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know about you but I'm going to boycott Nakamae until they lower those prices.
I really do wish I could afford those, they would look great in black in MY Miata.
Cobra makes a "Classic Bucket" that I would also love to have but the seats do not have any cutouts in the sides to allow for belts or buckles to pass through, and , while I am willing to drive around with a low back seat (no headrest) I will not do without a seatbelt.

·
1,213 Posts
real leather ( tan NA ) type R with headrests and ventilation grommets from Nakamae or zoom - engineering are $2350 plus shipping ... I can get them for less than that but as soon as you add another lot of shipping to the USA you will end up paying the same :cry:

... to be entirely honest I would probably go for synthetic leather and save the extra cash for something else, don't get me wrong ... they are NICE, but would be very hard to tell apart

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
=P~

·
1,213 Posts
Joe quoted me $1200. for the leather seats and $40.00 for shipping. On the way I ordered the short version center console with quilted fabric for my NB. It should be here in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks Papa Joe!!
if that is for a pair then you are getting a really good deal ... ( headrests and vent grommets too ? ) $40 for shipping is amazing too unless it's part of a container load :lol:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Prices quoted by MT seem entirely reasonable to me. They're handcrafted in a super-industrialized country and then shipped 1/2 way around the world. Nakamae is fine quality. Most people I know would pay way more for home furniture without even batting an eyelid. Given they work perfectly in a Miata I think they're a great deal. Don't hold your breath waiting for Nakamae to lower their prices anytime soon.

·
1,213 Posts
prices are high but they are beautifully made and as Kyle says compared to domestic furniture they are of comparable complexity / construction ...

I paid my money and am VERY happy with them, compared to other options ( more race orientated ) they do seem expensive but if you are looking for a more retro look and your budget is an open one then you would have to look very hard to find better ....

p.s. if you supersize at Mcdonalds a lot ... forget it !!! these babies are narrow

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
............. I'm going to boycott Nakamae until they lower those prices.....................

................... Cobra makes a "Classic Bucket" that I would also love to have but the seats do not have any cutouts ...................

:wink: Yeah, dont hold your breath for a sale price from Nakamae. =D> They are hand made by Mr. Nakamae-san himself in Japan (took me 6-months to get my Red ones, worth the wait, and the coin IMHO), these are not pumped out on an assembly line in taiwan, or india bro.

Anyhow, i have had pleanty of different types of seats in my Miata, Corbeau, Axis Power Racing, Mazdaspeed Sports, etc. And NOTHING, and i mean NOTHING compares to the quality level of a Japanese seat made for the Roadster/Miata. Even the Mazdaspeed.jp seats i had blew away the other lower priced seats available for Miata.

if you want the best no-hassle, super high quality, plug & play seats for your Miata, save your money, get a Japanese made seat.

Just ask anyone that owns an Authentic, Bride, RE, Mazdaspeed, Nakamae, or other.

PhatMiata

Attachments

·
1,213 Posts
pimp bro ... pimp 8)

if I did my car over again ( which I am not ! ) it would be a roadster s-limited with those red type Rs :lol:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks these seats are dumb looking?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks these seats are dumb looking?

If you are into Retro, this is where its at, if you are into Racing, (which im guessing you are) you would probably want something like these instead, as Nakamae are for a different crowd. (mostly us that have been around vintage MG's, TR7's, etc.

For yall Race Fans.....................

Attachments

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I'm sorry, I'd rather get a FIA tested seat to protect my spine in an accident. I've got warnings on Miata.net about this every time someone posts their new eBay "Mazdaspeed" seat. It's silly to get a non-tested seat. Silly and dangerous.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.